Customer Success Specialist - Security skills
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestNetworking, Security
What You’ll Do
Customer Success Specialist (CSS)
The role is a highly critical, strategic advisor and technical specialist that engages with customers to accelerate their adoption of Cisco products & solutions that transform their business and drive business outcomes. The role resides within the Cisco Customer Experience (CX) organization, one of Cisco’s fastest growing teams.
The CSS is a hands-on specialist for the security architecture. This role owns delivery of targeted engagements intended to increase security product awareness, share industry standard methodologies, and drive overall security product consumption and business value. The CSS brings strategic vision and tactical expertise to ensure every customer engagement is a success while also actively participating in the global CSS Community where they collaborate with their peers to share standard methodologies and customer success stories.
This is a technical role intended to help our customers with a myriad of their adoption challenges across the security product domain.
The CSS will build close relationships with customers, CX counterparts, architects, & engineers in achieving their goals. The role will:
- Deliver accelerators and ATX (Ask-the-Expert) to a diverse set of customers that qualify, tailoring work and producing quantifiable business outcomes with scope and on-time engagement.
- Facilitate high impact, technology-specific workshops targeted at all levels of an organization to accelerate a business initiative, potentially in conjunction with the Customer Success Executive (CSE)
- Demonstrate domain specialization and expertise to authoritatively identify and proactively lead risk areas and customer expectations that could impact successful delivery
- Chip in to security product and offer improvement by providing lifecycle feedback to CX Security Product Management and CX Success Programs Teams
- Inspire customers to make tactical and strategic deployment decisions and track long term business outcomes
- Collaborate with Account teams, CX, and Partners to improve customer adoption, address product concerns, and drive incremental growth
- Be responsible for evangelizing the end-to-end CX offer strategy and roadmap to sales specialists, delivery teams, and customers
- Drive adoption and expansion of Cisco security products by highlighting feature opportunities, winning use cases, and meaningful strategies to customers and the Success team
- A willingness to travel 50% or more (pending role requirements)
Who You’ll Work With
CX is a team of extraordinary technical guides whose #1 focus is to deliver best-in-class customer experience. We help tackle the toughest business challenges with network-centric solutions that accelerate customer and partner success and dedication. Our success is measured through extraordinary financial results, growing customer happiness metrics, industry recognition, and employee happiness scores.
Who You Are
- Customer Obsessed: Proactively understands customer needs and aligns architectural and vertical expertise to multi-functional teams to drive alignment on decisions that enhance customer value.
- Technical Guru: Deep technical knowledge with ability to understand and connect customer use cases/plans with Cisco solutions and how Cisco solutions can be successfully applied in a customer’s environment to accelerate customer value. A drive for continued learning in new technologies, functionality
- Cross-Team Collaborator & Influencer–work across internal and external teams of all levels to proactively inspire technical implementation decisions and work towards common goal. Ability to operate and interact with customers in a remote / virtual and face-to-face environment (varies by role).
- Business Acumen- clear understanding of high-level business landscape including key strategic priorities, processes, and daring marketplace
- Results Oriented: Interest in and validated execution ability with relevant technologies and customer outcomes.
- First Responder: Skilled at issue management and running customer expectations.
- Effective Communicator: Delivers complex information in a confident and convincing manner, appropriate to a diverse audience that produces clarity and impact.
- Should allow to assist the customer with barriers that they experience as they onboard and implement Cisco Security Solutions.
- Ability to provide consultative support for Security to Cisco customers, partners, account teams and other internal technical support teams.
- Ability to communicate, demonstrate, and accelerate the proper utilization of Security as you encourage the customer to engage in the daily use of the solution.
- Provide technical guidance to help drive Security standard methodologies for deployment, craft policies around configuration, automate features and utilize reporting capabilities to help accelerate adoption.
- Ability to navigate the customer’s mixed security environments and be able to migrate customers from legacy or daring platforms to the latest Cisco platform.
- Ability to demonstrate strong communications skills and lead when engaging customers, partners, and account teams.
- Ability to utilize moderate to complex lab environments to demonstrate the resolution of barriers across the entire customer lifecycle for products & solutions including, but not limited to, Cisco NGFW, NGIPS, Advanced Threat Solutions, Email Security, and Web Security.
- Bachelor's or foreign degree equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 5-7 years of experience in technical consulting or direct customer interfacing/engagement role with a understanding of standard methodologies related to domain.
- Thorough understanding of the technical fundamentals of aligned technology/specialization areas
- Practical experience in configuring, supporting and troubleshooting networks.
- Experience working with Linux/OSX operating systems.
- Experience with Cisco NGFW, NGIPS, Advanced Threat Solutions, Email Security, Web Security.
- Experience with VMware.
- Familiarity with Network proxies.
- Understanding of security protocols - SSL, IPSE, ACL, SMTP, HTTP, HTTPS, IMAP, POP3 and security policies.
- Suggested Cisco technical Certifications: CCNA / CCNP / CCDP/ CCIE or equivalent
- Suggested Cisco Success Management certifications: Cisco Certified Success Specialist.
- CISM / CISSP or equivalent
- BS Engineering, Computer Science, Masters preferred.
- Successful candidates should have strong written, verbal and listening skills.
- Experience in building a business around security solutions.
- Positive relationships with large security customers in Local market.
- Understanding of key Cisco competitors in security.
- Prior experience with AMP/ESA/WSA/A4E/Firepower/Threat Grid/NGFW products or Cisco competitor equivalents.
- Experience managing/deploying network security (ACLs, whitelisting/blacklisting).
- Knowledge with Email security/Web Security/NGFW/Server deployments.
- Experience deploying/supporting Windows and applications in a business/enterprise setting.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to establish and maintain confidence and take ownership of issues.
If you are looking for hands-on involvement in crafting the future direction of Cisco and Customer Experience, we have a place for you.
At cisco, each person brings their different talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - from launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building cisco services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from smart cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - we do all of this while tackling for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.