Customer Success Specialist - Security-West Coast
Location:San Jose, California, US
Additional Location(s)Denver, Phoenix
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
What You’ll Do
The new Customer Success Specialist (CSS) role is a highly critical, strategic position working with customers to solve adoption challenges, accelerate adoption of Cisco products & services, and drive business outcomes. The role resides within the Cisco Customer Experience (CX) organization, one of Cisco’s fastest growing teams.
The CSS is an expert in their aligned product or architecture. Their mission to is to help the customer move to the next phase of the customer lifecycle and to visualize their future in the lifecycle. The CSS helps customers adopt and better leverage their use of Cisco products. Maintaining an end-to-end lens, the CSS will partner closely with others (accounts teams, sales specialists, delivery teams, etc.) to provide the best-possible experience for the customer via the delivery of Customer Experience Accelerators and Ask the Experts that help customers advance through critical steps in the adoption process.
The CSS is able to effectively combine deep technical knowledge with solid understanding of business priorities to provide consultative solutions pivotal to helping customers realize value faster. This is a highly technical role intended to help our customers with a myriad of their adoption challenges across the following product domains: Networking, Security, Data Center, Collaboration, SP, IoT, Cross-BE.
Who You’ll Work With
The CSS will build deep relationships with customers, partners, and the extended Cisco account team members in achieving their goals. The role will:
- Virtually deliver accelerators and ATX (Ask-the-Expert) sessions to a diverse set of customers, tailoring deliverables and driving quantifiable business outcomes with scope and on-time engagement.
- Leverage domain specialization and expertise to expertly identify and proactively manage risk areas and customer expectations that could impact successful delivery
- Contribute to the customer community digital spaces.
- Provide product and offer improvement feedback to CX Product Management and CX Success Programs Teams
- Inspire customers to make tactical and strategic deployment decisions
- Collaborate with Account teams, CS, Partners to improve customer adoption, address product concerns, and drive incremental growth
- Drive adoption and expansion of Cisco products by highlighting feature opportunities, winning use cases, and relevant strategies to customers
Who You Are
- Customer Obsessed: Proactively understands customer needs and aligns architectural and vertical expertise to cross-functional teams to drive alignment on decisions that enhance customer value.
- Technical Guru: Deep technical knowledge with ability to understand and connect customer use cases/plans with Cisco solutions and how Cisco solutions can be optimally applied in a customer’s environment to accelerate customer value
- Cross-Team Collaborator & Influencer –work across internal and external teams of all levels to proactively inspire technical implementation decisions and work towards common goal. Ability to operate and interact with customers in a remote / virtual environment
- Business Acumen- clear understanding of high-level business landscape including key strategic priorities, processes, and competitive marketplace
- Deep Domain Expertise: Expert with domain and industry deep technical knowledge of specialization architectures and customer stories.
- Results Oriented: Interest in and proven execution ability with relevant technologies and customer outcomes.
- First Responder: Skilled at issue management and managing customer expectations.
- Effective Communicator: Delivers complex information in a confident and convincing manner, appropriate to a diverse audience that produces clarity and impact.
- 3-5 years of experience in technical consulting or direct customer interfacing/engagement role with a deep understanding of industry best practices related to Security technologies (Network Security, End point Security & Cloud Security)
- Thorough understanding of the technical fundamentals of Security technology/specialization areas, including features and use cases, and an ability to define and articulate how technology can be used to solve business challenges
· Prior experience in designing, configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting Cisco Security Products, for example WSA / SMA, firewalls, IPS/IDS or similar systems
· Experience in managing / deploying network security (ACLs, whitelisting/blacklisting)
· Deep knowledge around following Cisco products: NGFW (FTD), IPS (Sourcefire), ASA, Identity Services Engine, OpenDNS, Stealthwatch, Cloud Lock, AnyConnect, Advanced Threat (AMP4EP, AMP for Networks, ThreatGrid)
· Strong presentation skills and ability to build relationship with both internal and external stakeholders (Customers, Account team, Delivery team and Partners)
· Understand competitors in the Security market
- Suggested Cisco technical Certifications: CCIE, CISSP or equivalent strongly preferred
- Suggested Cisco Success Mgmt certifications: Cisco Certified Success Specialist
- BS Engineering, Computer Science, preferred
If you are looking for hands-on involvement in crafting the future direction of Cisco and Customer Experience, we have a place for you.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!