Customer Success Specialist – Security USPS
Location:Washington, District of Columbia, US
Alternate LocationNC, RTP / COLORADO
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Compensation Range140500 USD - 203500 USD
What You’ll Do
The Customer Success Specialist (CSS) role is a highly critical, strategic position working with customers to solve adoption challenges, accelerate adoption of Cisco products & services, and drive business outcomes. The role resides within the Cisco Customer Experience (CX) organization, one of Cisco’s fastest growing teams.
The CSS is a deep technical expert in their aligned product or architecture. Their mission to is to help the customer move to the next phase of the customer lifecycle and to visualize their future in the lifecycle. The CSS helps customers adopt and better leverage their use of Cisco products. Maintaining an end-to-end lens, the CSS will partner closely with others (accounts teams, sales specialists, delivery teams, etc.) to provide the best-possible experience for the customer via the delivery of Customer Experience Accelerators and Ask the Experts that help customers advance through critical steps in the adoption process. This is a highly technical role intended to help our customers with a myriad of their adoption challenges across the Security product domain.
Who You’ll Work With
The CSS will build deep relationships with customers, partners, and the extended Cisco account team members in achieving their goals. The role will:
- Drive adoption and expansion of Cisco Security products by highlighting feature opportunities, winning use cases, and relevant strategies to customers
- Leverage domain specialization and expertise to identify and proactively manage risk areas and customer expectations that could impact successful delivery
- Contribute to Security product and offer improvement by providing feedback to CX Product Management and CX Success Programs Teams
- Inspire customers to make tactical and strategic deployment decisions
- Collaborate with Account teams, CS, Partners to improve customer adoption, address product concerns, and drive incremental growth
If you are looking for hands on involvement in crafting the future direction of Cisco and Customer Experience, we have a place for you!
Must Have Skills
In-depth hands-on experience with the following Cisco Security solutions:
- Identity Services Engine (ISE), Anyconnect, Duo, Cisco Firewall. This in-depth understanding should allow you to be able to remove barriers that are preventing the customer from adopting the above solutions. Expertise in Tetration is a plus.
- Deep technical understanding of Cisco Zero-Trust security solutions, including an understanding of competitive solutions from Microsoft and other platforms.
- Ability to provide technical consultative support for the above to Cisco customers, partners, account teams and other internal technical support teams.
- Ability to communicate, demonstrate, and accelerate the proper utilization of security features as you encourage the customer to engage in the daily use of the solution.
- Deep technical knowledge with ability to understand and connect customer use cases/plans with Cisco solutions and how Cisco solutions can be optimally applied in a customer’s environment to accelerate business value.
- Ability to utilize moderate to complex lab environments to demonstrate the resolution of barriers across the entire customer lifecycle for Cisco security products & solutions.
- Clear understanding of high-level business landscape including key strategic priorities, processes, and competitive marketplace.
- Excellent written, verbal, and listening skills that strengthen relationships with internal and external stakeholders up to the executive level.
- BS/BA (EE/CS preferred) or equivalent.
- Cisco Certifications: CCNP / CCDP/ CCIE or equivalent strongly preferred.
- Industry Security Certifications: CISM, CISSP or equivalent strongly preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in technical consulting or direct customer interfacing role with a deep understanding of industry best practices related to security domain.
- Extensive understanding of the technical fundamentals of aligned technology/specialization areas, including features and use cases, and an ability to define and articulate how technology can be used to solve business challenges.
- In-depth understanding of cybersecurity trends and evolution, market trends and challenges
***Willingness and ability to travel 30% or more may be expected (pending role requirements) ***
**MUST BE A US CITIZEN WITH SECURITY CLEARANCE OR ABILITY TO ACQUIRE A CLEARANCE***
#WeAreCisco. We are all unique, but collectively we bring our talents to work as a team, to develop innovative technology and power a more inclusive, digital future for everyone. How do we do it? Well, for starters – with people like you!
Nearly every internet connection around the world touches Cisco. We’re the Internet’s optimists. Our technology makes sure the data travelling at light speed across connections does so securely, yet it’s not what we make but what we make happen which marks us out. We’re helping those who work in the health service to connect with patients and each other; schools, colleges and universities to teach in even the most challenging of times. We’re helping businesses of all shapes and size to connect with their employees and customers in new ways, providing people with access to the digital skills they need and connecting the most remote parts of the world – whether through 5G, or otherwise.
We tackle whatever challenges come our way. We have each other’s backs, we recognise our accomplishments, and we grow together. We celebrate and support one another – from big and small things in life to big career moments. And giving back is in our DNA (we get 10 days off each year to do just that).
We know that powering an inclusive future starts with us. Because without diversity and a dedication to equality, there is no moving forward. Our 30 Inclusive Communities, that bring people together around commonalities or passions, are leading the way. Together we’re committed to learning, listening, caring for our communities, whilst supporting the most vulnerable with a collective effort to make this world a better place either with technology, or through our actions.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.