Customer Success Specialist-Data Center (UCS) Global Enterprise (Phoenix)
Location:Phoenix, Arizona, US
Additional Location(s)Phoenix only
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
What You’ll Do
The new Customer Success Specialist (CSS) role for Data Center (UCS) is a highly visible, strategic position working with Global Enterprise customers to accelerate deliverables and drive business outcomes. This role is based in Phoenix, Arizona and will be our CSS Data Center expert for Global Enterprise clients in Phoenix.
The CSS is an expert on their aligned product or architecture. Their mission is to help the customer move to the next phase of the customer lifecycle and to visualize their future in the lifecycle. The CSS helps customers adopt and expand Cisco products in the Data Center (UCS focus). Maintaining an end-to-end lens, the CSS will partner closely with others (accounts teams, sales specialists, delivery teams, etc.) to provide the best-possible experience for the customer via the delivery of Customer Experience Accelerators and Ask the Experts that help customers advance through critical steps in the adoption process.
This role resides within the Cisco Customer Experience (CX) organization, one of Cisco’s fastest growing teams.
Who You’ll Work With
The CSS will build deep relationships with customer senior leadership, partners, and the extended Cisco account team members in achieving their goals. The role will:
- Deliver accelerators and ATX (Ask-the-Expert) to a diverse set of customers that qualify, tailoring deliverables and driving business outcomes with scope and on-time engagement for Collaboration.
- Joins the Customer Support Executive (CSE) in 1:1 customer engagements and events.
- Contributes to the customer community digital spaces.
- Contributes to product and offer improvement by providing lifecycle feedback to CX Product Management and CX Success Programs Teams
- Inspire customers to make tactical and strategic deployment decisions
- Collaborate with Account teams, CS, Partners to improve customer adoption, address product concerns.
- Responsible for evangelizing the end-to-end CX offer strategy and roadmap to sales specialists, delivery teams, and customers
- Drive adoption and expansion of Cisco products by highlighting feature opportunities, winning use cases, and relevant strategies to customers
- A willingness to travel 25% or more (pending role requirements)
- Candidate must be based in Phoenix with US work authorization
Who You Are
- Customer Obsessed: Proactively understands customer needs and aligns architectural and vertical expertise to cross-functional teams to drive alignment on decisions that enhance customer value.
- Technical Guru: Deep technical knowledge with ability to understand and connect customer use cases/plans with Cisco Data Center solutions and how Cisco Data Center solutions can be optimally applied in a customer’s environment to accelerate customer value
- Cross-Team Collaborator & Influencer –work across internal and external teams of all levels to proactively inspire technical implementation decisions and work towards common goal.
- Business Acumen- clear understanding of high-level business landscape including key strategic priorities, processes, and competitive marketplace
- Leader: Ability to form and lead teams. Exceptional team-building and time management skills. Proven track record in establishing new organizations, procedures, and offerings.
- Deep Domain Expertise: Expert with domain and industry deep technical knowledge of Data Center architectures and customer stories.
- Results Oriented: Interest in and proven execution ability with relevant technologies and customer outcomes.
- Responder: Skilled at issue management and managing customer expectations.
- Effective Communicator: Delivers complex information in a confident and convincing manner, appropriate to a diverse audience that produces clarity and impact.
- Candidate must be based in Phoenix and have US work authorization
- 8 - 10 years of experience in technical consulting or direct customer interfacing/engagement role
- Demonstrated ability to lead people; organize, develop and motivate a team; get results through others; and have excellent consulting and planning skills
- Expert level knowledge in Advisory, Implementation, troubleshooting, Data Center application capabilities and operational support of the Cisco product offerings
- Strong consulting skills required to address roadmaps and strategies for on premise solutions as well as advice and guidance on key dependencies for migrations to the cloud
- If you are looking for hands-on involvement in crafting the future direction of Cisco and Customer Experience, we have a place for you
- Operating Systems: Operating System support, setup, configuration, maintenance and upgrades focusing on building, imaging, deploying and troubleshooting multiple operating systems
- Microsoft Windows Server (2000, 2003, 2008 ), Microsoft Windows (98, 2000, XP, Vista, 7) Unix (Solaris 8, 10) Apple OSX (10.5 Leopard 10.6 Snow Leopard , 10.7 Lion, 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.9 Mavericks 10.10 Yosemite) Linux (Red Hat 7,9,) Red Hat Enterprise Linux (3,4,5,6,7) Debian (Ubuntu Linux, Backtrack Linux ), SuSE Enterprise Linux (10,11,12,15)
- Hardware: Hardware support focusing on management, support, upgrades, and maintenance (laptop, desktop, and server)
- Cisco UCS Series Servers ( B and C series), Dell, HP, Toshiba, Panasonic, Sony, Apple/Mac, IBM, Lenovo (complete systems and system components)
- Cisco Nexus Switches (2000 3000 5000 6000 7000 9000 series)
- Software: Providing troubleshooting, upgrades, maintenance and support for software/Operating systems focusing specifically on linux
- Linux HPC, Linux Clustering, Linux Networking, Solutions for VMware, Linux clients, Linux servers (day2 operations including package management, os upgrades, scripting, automation, and day 1 deployments based off of Cisco solutions and Validated Designs) ,Linux Performance tuning.
- Networking: Troubleshooting, maintenance, setup and configuration of networks - ip address subnetting, vlans TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, WINS, VLSM, IP Schemes, Class and classless ip networks NAT Datacenter switching (layer2)
- Security:: LDAP Vintela NIS+ authentication and netgroups, Active Directory
- Virtualization: Understanding of Virtualization technologies and Methods to configure and deploy them (VMWare ESXi 3,4,5 VSphere 4, 5, 6,.6.5, 6,7
- Languages: debugging and writing various programming languages
- SME for Linux solutions
- Handle incoming high severity and low severity cases
- Root cause analysis on complex Solution architecture and Design.
- Escalation point between team and BU as well as partner vendors
- Resolve Very complex customer environment problems
- Work with Cisco Advanced Services, and Partner Design firms to help customers implement Solutions under critical timelines
- Provide feedback and methods of improvement to further align and assist with Cisco Validated Designs for customer implementation.
- Conduct linux and our Cisco Solutions training
- Collaborate with multiple teams to help bring automated tools and modules to speed time to resolution and issue identification on CX cases
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.