Customer Success Specialist DC Networking
Alternate LocationStuttgart, Germany; Berlin, Germany; Eschborn, Germany; Hamburg, Germany; Dusseldorf, Germany;
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
What you will do.
The Customer Success Specialist (CSS) role is a highly visible, strategic advisor and technical authority who engages with customers to accelerate their adoption of Cisco products and solutions and drive business outcomes.
The CSS will partner closely with accounts teams, sales specialists, delivery teams, etc. to provide the best-possible experience for the customer and deliver Customer Consultations, Accelerators and (virtual) events that help customers advance in their adoption journey.
The role resides within the Cisco Customer Experience (CX) organization, one of Cisco’s fastest growing teams.
The CSS will build close relationships with customers, CX counterparts, architects, & engineers in achieving their goals. The role will:
- Drive adoption and expansion of Cisco Data Center Networking products (with main focus on Cisco ACI) by highlighting feature opportunities, winning use cases, and relevant strategies to customers
- Leverage domain specialization and expertise to identify and proactively manage risk areas and customer expectations that could impact successful adoption
- Contribute to product and offer improvement by providing feedback to CX Product Management and CX Success Programs Teams
- Inspire customers to make tactical and strategic deployment decisions
- Collaborate with Account teams, CS, Partners to improve customer adoption, address product concerns, and drive incremental growth
If you are looking for proactive involvement in crafting the future direction of Cisco and Customer Experience, we have a place for you!
· You possess practical technical proficiency with aligned technologies.
· You love customer interactions and understand customer needs and align architectural and vertical expertise to multi-functional teams
· You are able to explain technical concepts, give clients guidance and vision about the solution. You have a thorough understanding of the aligned technology/specialization areas, including features and use cases.
· You have industry recognized certifications and an ability to motivate change through innovation.
· In-depth knowledge with the following technology and architecture areas: DC Networking, Routing Protocols, Cisco ACI, VXLAN and understanding of DC automation and application development
- Ability to provide technical consultative support for the above to Cisco customers, partners, account teams and other internal technical support teams.
- Ability to communicate, demonstrate, and accelerate the proper utilization of Cisco ACI features as you encourage the customer to engage in the daily use of the solution.
- Deep technical knowledge with ability to understand and connect customer use cases/plans with Cisco solutions and how Cisco solutions can be optimally applied in a customer’s environment to accelerate business value.
- Ability to utilize moderate to complex lab environments to demonstrate the resolution of barriers across the entire customer lifecycle for Cisco Datacenter products & solutions.
- Excellent written, verbal, and listening skills that strengthen relationships with internal and external stakeholders up to the executive level.
- Fluent in English + ability to communicate with customers in German language
- BS/BA Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Several years of experience in technical consulting or direct customer interfacing role
- Cisco Certifications: CCNP / CCDP/ CCIE or equivalent strongly preferred.
- Extensive understanding of the technical fundamentals of aligned technology/specialization areas, including features and use cases, and an ability to define and articulate how technology can be used to solve business challenges.
· #WeAreCisco, where each person is outstanding, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
· We adopt digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (39 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
· But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
· Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, aggressive steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
· So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Adopt digital content trends? Many of us do. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. and/or Canada locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. or Canada hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.