Customer Success Specialist-Collaboration
Location:San Jose, California, US
Additional Location(s)Anywhere US
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
**MUST BE A US CITIZEN WITH SECURITY CLEARANCE OR ABILITY TO OBTAIN A CLEARANCE***
What You’ll Do
The Customer Success Specialist (CSS) role is a highly critical, strategic position working with customers to solve adoption challenges, accelerate adoption of Cisco products & services, and drive business outcomes. The role resides within the Cisco Customer Experience (CX) organization, one of Cisco’s fastest-growing teams.
The CSS is a deep technical expert in their aligned product or architecture. Their mission is to help the customer move to the next phase of the customer lifecycle and to visualize their future in the lifecycle. Maintaining an end-to-end lens, the CSS partners closely with others (accounts teams, sales specialists, delivery teams, etc.) to deliver the best possible experience for the customer via the delivery of Customer Experience Accelerators and Ask the Experts.
Who You’ll Work With
The CSS will build deep relationships with customers, partners, and the extended Cisco account team members in achieving their goals. The role will:
- Drive adoption and expansion of Cisco Collaboration products by highlighting feature opportunities, winning use cases, and relevant strategies to customers
- Demonstrate domain specialization and expertise to identify and proactively manage risk areas and customer expectations that could impact successful delivery
- Contribute to Collaboration product and offer improvement by providing feedback to CX Product Management and CX Success Programs Teams
- Encourage customers to make tactical and strategic deployment decisions
- Collaborate with Account teams, CS, Partners to improve customer adoption, address product concerns, and drive incremental growth
Must have skills
- Ability to communicate, demonstrate and provide technical consultative support for the above to Cisco customers, partners, account teams and other internal technical support teams.
- Ability to understand and connect customer use cases/plans with Cisco solutions and how these can be optimally applied in a customer’s environment to accelerate business value by using moderate to complex lab environments
- A clear understanding of high-level business landscape including key strategic priorities, processes, and competitive marketplace
- Excellent written, verbal, and listening skills that strengthen relationships with internal and external partners up to the executive level.
- BS/BA (EE/CS preferred) or equivalent.
- Cisco Certifications: CCNP / CCDP/ CCIE or equivalent strongly preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in technical consulting or direct customer interfacing role with a profound understanding of industry-standard methodologies related to domain.
- Extensive understanding of the technical fundamentals of aligned technology/specialization areas, including features and use cases and an ability to define and articulate how technology can be used to solve business challenges.
- Expert knowledge in UC and video technology and market tendencies and evolution.
- Expert-level knowledge of Cisco WebEx, Cisco Contact Center, and Calling/BroadSoft collaboration solutions in order to assist the customer with barriers that they experience as they onboard and implement Cisco Collaboration Solutions, especially cloud based.
***Willingness and ability to travel 30% or more may be expected (pending role requirements) ***
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.