Customer Success Specialist - Cloud Security
Location:Herndon, Virginia, US
Additional Location(s)Anywhere in the US
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Security
**MUST BE A US CITIZEN WITH SECURITY CLEARANCE OR ABILITY TO OBTAIN A CLEARANCE***
What You’ll Do
The Customer Success Specialist (CSS) role is a highly critical, strategic position working with customers to solve adoption challenges, accelerate adoption of Cisco products & services, and drive business outcomes. The role resides within the Cisco Customer Experience (CX) organization, one of Cisco’s fastest growing teams.
The CSS is a deep technical expert in their aligned product or architecture. Their mission to is to help the customer move to the next phase of the customer lifecycle and to visualize their future in the lifecycle. The CSS helps customers adopt and better leverage their use of Cisco products. Maintaining an end-to-end lens, the CSS will partner closely with others (accounts teams, sales specialists, delivery teams, etc.) to provide the best-possible experience for the customer via the delivery of Customer Experience Accelerators and Ask the Experts that help customers advance through critical steps in the adoption process. This is a highly technical role intended to help our customers with a myriad of their adoption challenges across the enterprise networking product domain
Who You’ll Work With
The CSS will build deep relationships with customers, partners, and the extended Cisco account team members in achieving their goals. The role will:
- Drive adoption and expansion of Cisco Security products by highlighting feature opportunities, winning use cases, and relevant strategies to customers
- Leverage domain specialization and expertise to identify and proactively manage risk areas and customer expectations that could impact successful delivery
- Contribute to Security product and offer improvement by providing feedback to CX Product Management and CX Success Programs Teams
- Inspire customers to make tactical and strategic deployment decisions
- Collaborate with Account teams, CS, Partners to improve customer adoption, address product concerns, and drive incremental growth
If you are looking for hands on involvement in crafting the future direction of Cisco and Customer Experience, we have a place for you.
Must have skills
· In-depth hands-on experience with the following Cisco Security solutions: Umbrella, Cloudlock, Advanced Malware Protection (AMP)/Email Security Appliance (ESA)/Web Security Appliance (WSA), Duo. This in-depth understanding should allow you to be able to remove barriers that are preventing the customer from adopting the above solutions. Expertise in Tetration or NGFW is a plus.
· Deep technical understanding of Cisco cloud security solutions, including an understanding of competitive solutions from Microsoft and other platforms.
· Ability to provide technical consultative support for the above to Cisco customers, partners, account teams and other internal technical support teams.
· Ability to communicate, demonstrate, and accelerate the proper utilization of collaboration technologies mentioned as you encourage the customer to engage in the daily use of the solution.
· Deep technical knowledge with ability to understand and connect customer use cases/plans with Cisco solutions and how Cisco solutions can be optimally applied in a customer’s environment to accelerate business value
· Ability to utilize moderate to complex lab environments to demonstrate the resolution of barriers across the entire customer lifecycle for Cisco enterprise networking products & solutions.
· Clear understanding of high-level business landscape including key strategic priorities, processes, and competitive marketplace
· Excellent written, verbal, and listening skills that strengthen relationships with internal and external stakeholders up to the executive level.
· BS/BA (EE/CS preferred) or equivalent.
· Cisco Certifications: CCNP / CCDP/ CCIE or equivalent strongly preferred.
· Industry Security Certifications: CISM, CISSP or equivalent strongly preferred.
· 8+ years of experience in technical consulting or direct customer interfacing role with a deep understanding of industry best practices related to security domain.
· Extensive understanding of the technical fundamentals of aligned technology/specialization areas, including features and use cases, and an ability to define and articulate how technology can be used to solve business challenges.
· In-depth understanding of UC and video technology trends and evolution, market trends and challenges
***Willingness and ability to travel 30% or more may be expected (pending role requirements) ***
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.