Customer Success Specialist (CSS) - Security
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Customer Success Specialist – Security
What You’ll Do
The Customer Success Specialist (CSS) role is a highly critical, strategic advisor and technical authority that engages with customers to accelerate their adoption of Cisco products & solutions that transform their business and drive business outcomes. The role resides within the Cisco Customer Experience (CX) organization, one of Cisco’s fastest growing teams.
Who You’ll Work With
If you are looking for proactive involvement in crafting the future direction of Cisco and Customer Experience, we have a place for you. The CSS will build close relationships with customers, CX counterparts, architects, & engineers in achieving their goals. The role will:
- Deliver Accelerators and ATX (Ask-the-Experts) to a diverse set of customers that qualify, tailoring work you're doing and producing quantifiable business outcomes with scope and on-time engagement.
- Leverage domain specialization and expertise to authoritatively identify and proactively handle risk areas and customer expectations that could impact successful delivery
- Provide lifecycle feedback to CX Product Management and CX Success Programs Teams
- Collaborate with Account teams, CX, and Partners to improve customer adoption, address product concerns, and drive incremental growth
- Be responsible for voicing support for the end-to-end CX offer strategy and roadmap to sales specialists, delivery teams, and customers
Who You Are
- 5+ years of experience in technical consulting or direct customer interfacing/engagement role with a deep understanding of industry best practices related to domain
- An in depth understanding of Cisco Security products (or equivalent) including: ESA/ETD, SNA/SCA, NGFW, ISE, Umbrella, Secure Endpoint, XDR, Duo, Secure Workload
- You have industry recognized certifications and an ability to motivate change through innovation.
- You love customer interactions and understand customer needs and align architectural and vertical expertise to multi-functional teams
- You are able to explain technical concepts, give clients guidance and vision about the solution. You have a thorough understanding of the aligned technology/specialization areas, including features and use cases.
Must have skills
- Ability to communicate, demonstrate, and accelerate the proper utilization of security technologies mentioned as you encourage the customer to engage in the daily use of the solution.
- Diverse technical background with ability to understand and connect customer use cases/plans with Cisco solutions and how Cisco solutions can be optimally applied in a customer’s environment to accelerate business value
- Ability to use moderate to sophisticated lab environments to demonstrate the resolution of barriers across the entire customer lifecycle for Cisco security products & solutions.
- Clear understanding of high-level business landscape including key strategic priorities, processes, and competitor marketplace
- Excellent written, verbal, and listening skills that strengthen relationships with internal and external collaborators up to the executive level.
- BS/BA (EE/CS preferred) or equivalent.
- Cisco Certifications: CCNP / CCDP/ CCIE or equivalent strongly preferred.
- Suggested Industry Certifications: CISM / CISSP / CyberOps or equivalent strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability in technical consulting or direct customer interfacing role with a deep understanding of standard industry methodologies related to Cisco Security technologies or equivalent.
- In-depth understanding of technology trends and evolution, market trends and challenges
- Working knowledge of python programming is a plus
#WeAreCisco, where each person is outstanding, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We adopt digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (39 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, aggressive steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Adopt digital content trends? Many of us do. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.