Customer Success Specialist (CSS) - Networking Experiences - SDWAN
Location:Offsite, Mexico City, Mexico
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking, Security
The Customer Success Specialist (CSS) role is a critical, strategic advisor and technical specialist that engages with customers to accelerate their adoption of Cisco products & solutions that transform their business and drive business outcomes. The role resides within the Cisco Customer Experience (CX) organization, one of Cisco’s fastest growing teams.
What You'll Do
CSSs are subject matter experts in their aligned product or architecture. This role owns delivery of targeted engagements intended to increase product awareness, share industry standard methodologies, and drive overall product consumption and business value. The CSS brings strategic vision, latest technology from Cisco Engineering teams, and tactical expertise to ensure every customer engagement is a success while also actively participating in the global CSS Community where they collaborate with their peers to share standard methodologies and customer success stories. They effectively combine deep technical knowledge with solid understanding of business priorities to provide consultative solutions pivotal to helping customers realize value faster.
This is a highly technical role intended to help our customers with a myriad of their adoption challenges across the Networking Experiences a, specifically supporting Cisco’s Wired product suite. Consulting & Deployment Experience with SD-WAN is needed and exposure to Cisco Catalyst Center, Meraki and Thousand Eyes is a plus.
- Deliver Adoption Accelerators and ATX (Ask-the-Expert) sessions to a diverse set of customers, tailoring work and producing quantifiable business outcomes with scope and timely engagement.
- Facilitate high impact, technology-specific workshops targeted at all levels of an organization to accelerate a business initiative, potentially in conjunction with the Customer Success Executive (CSE) or other stakeholders in Customer Success and Sales
- Leverage domain expertise to identify and proactively manage renewal risk and customer expectations that could impact successful adoption.
- Demonstrate deep technical knowledge of wireless products and integration across multiple architectures.
- Contribute to product and offer improvement by providing lifecycle feedback to Cisco Engineering, CX Product Management, and CX Success Programs Teams
- Encourage customers to make tactical and strategic deployment decisions and motivate long term business outcomes.
- Collaborate closely with a select set of Account teams, CS, Partners to improve customer adoption in a set of mapped account within one segment/vertical, address product concerns, and drive incremental growth across technology domains.
- Responsible for evangelizing the end-to-end CX offer strategy and roadmap to sales specialists, delivery teams, and customers.
- Drive adoption and expansion of Cisco products by highlighting feature opportunities, winning use cases, and relevant strategies to customers and the Success team.
Who You Are
- Customer Obsessed: Proactively understands customer needs and applies architectural and vertical expertise to cross-functional teams to drive decisions that improve customer value.
- Technical Guru: Deep technical knowledge with ability to understand and connect customer use cases/plans with Cisco solutions and how Cisco solutions can be optimally applied in a customer’s environment to accelerate customer value. continued learning of new technologies, functionality, and industry best practices.
- Cross-Team Collaborator & Influencer –work across internal and external teams at all levels to proactively encourage technical implementation decisions across all Cisco technologies (Security, Data Center, Wired Networking, etc.) and work towards common goal. Able to operate and interact with customers in a remote / virtual and face-to-face environment (varies by role)
- Business Strategist- clear understanding of high-level business landscape including key strategic priorities, processes, and competitive marketplace.
- Results Oriented: Interest in and proven execution ability with relevant technologies and customer outcomes.
- First Responder: Skilled at issue management and managing customer expectations.
Effective Communicator: Delivers sophisticated information in a confident and convincing manner, appropriate to a diverse audience that produces clarity and impact.
- Expert level knowledge in Cisco’s Enterprise Routing and Switching with a minimum of 5 years of experience working with integrations into customer’s entire infrastructure across multiple architectures.
- Catalyst Center, SD-Access, SD-WAN, Meraki, Thousand Eyes knowledge preferred.
- Interfacing/engagement role for a small subset of key customers, applying a deep understanding of industry-standard methodologies related to domain
- Extensive understanding of the technical fundamentals of aligned technology/specialization areas, including features and use cases, and an ability to define and articulate how technology can be used to solve business challenges.
- Track record of understanding sophisticated technologies and conducting high risk architecture reviews to drive action plans aligned to customer business needs.
- Suggested Cisco technical Certifications: , CCNA, CCNP, or CCDP required. CCIE or equivalent strongly preferred
- Suggested Cisco Success Management certifications: Cisco Certified Success Specialist
BS degree in Engineering or related field.
- Portuguese Language is a plus
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and changing? Be you, with us!
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. and/or Canada locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. or Canada hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.