Customer Success Executive - Central
Location:Chicago, Illinois, US
Alternate LocationMichigan, Ohio, Indiana
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Compensation Range109900 USD - 159800 USD
Who You’ll Work With
Customer Success Executive (CSE) role is a highly visible, strategic leadership role within Cisco’s Customer Experience (CX) organization. We build deep relationships with customer senior leadership, partners, and the extended Cisco account team members in achieving their goals. With the transformation to software subscription, CX is critical, we are writing a history, and you can contribute to and help shape this ambitious journey we are on.
What You’ll Do
As CSEs, we are accountable for successful adoption and value realization for the products, software, and services our customers have purchased. Best qualified candidates will demonstrate:
- Create and orchestrate a holistic customer adoption strategy from solution onboarding to value realization that includes Cisco, partner, and customer stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to drive post-sales orchestration of Cisco company-wide team and partner resources to provide a unified path to customers’ success.
- Deep understanding of the “Business of IT”: business goals, operational environment, budgeting, regulations, challenges, and operational maturity
- Experience managing sales and/or delivery motions within enterprise accounts (org structures, stakeholders, and operating models of large, complex accounts) or equivalency working in a matrixed organization.
- Align Cisco solutions to appropriate business outcomes and success measures.
- Provide customer insights based on a solid understanding of the best methodologies for architecture, implementation, adoption, and migration.
- Partner with Sales to ensure alignment of pre-sales and post-sales strategies.
- Team Lead of all CX motions.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications
- Ability to analyze and tell stories with data at appropriate stakeholder levels.
- May require travel.
Who You Are
You are an executive leader with excellent customer, partner and market orientation in software and subscription services. You are an industry thought leader who can evangelize Cisco solutions and services. You have experience in ensuring customers adopt and realize value from subscription software and services. In addition, as a CSE you are keen on identifying new opportunities to expand your value within a customer.
- Strategic thinker and relationship building executive with leadership presence.
- Experience leading Customer Experience transformation work or Customer Success programs.
- Experience building positive relationships and influencing others.
- Success leading and coordinating teams to ensure flawless engagements with clients, partners, and sales teams.
- Ability to shift from developing high level strategies to effective execution, influencing at every level, and driving decisions through appropriate collaboration.
- Can suggest/explain Cisco technologies and solutions, able to convey sophisticated ideas in a clear, concise manner.
- Comfortable working in a highly matrixed and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Expert consultant who advises team members on strategies and standard methodologies.
- Motivates, encourages, and continually develops team members while handling conflict effectively and building a culture of trust.
- 5+ years of experience in leading customer-facing organizations. Proven successful consulting experience with key technical and sales acumen.
- Understanding of subscription, software and/or services offers.
- Ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building.
- Strong empathy for customers and a passion for revenue and growth.
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement.
- Enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others.
- Excellent executive level communication and presentation skills.
- Must have experience working with programs, software, and adoption.
If you are looking for hands-on involvement in crafting the future direction of Cisco and Customer Experience, we have a place for you.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all. We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box! But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.) Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward. So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. and/or Canada locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. or Canada hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.