Customer Solutions Engineer - Duo Security
Location:Ann Arbor, Michigan, US
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Duo Security, now a part of Cisco, is the leading provider of Trusted Access security and multi-factor authentication delivered through the cloud.
Duo’s mission is to make security simple for everyone. We were born from a hacker ethos and a desire to make the Internet a secure place. We believe in empowering people to follow their passions inside and outside of the office and enable every employee to bring their whole self to work.
Our team is our secret weapon. We run the spectrum from artists to analysts, low-key to high energy, and bring together a diversity of skill sets, experiences, and perspectives to solve what we consider to be the world's most pressing geopolitical challenge — transforming the security industry as we know it. Together we build solutions that are easy, effective, trustworthy, and enduring. And that’s why we are the most loved and trusted company in security.
What you’ll do…
As a Customer Solutions Engineer, you'll partner with our Customer Success Managers to drive time-to-value for Duo’s strategic customers, specifically by leading technical implementations. As a trusted security advisor, you'll translate business requirements into specific configuration recommendations and resolve potential deployment blockers. Other responsibilities include:
- Effectively manage customer expectations - develop, foster and maintain trusted relationships to build technical credibility.
- Develop technical proficiency with Duo products and supported technical integrations. Author technical notes and training material to share your knowledge. Conduct virtual and onsite project meetings.
- Cultivate successful working relationships across internal Duo Security teams. Advocate feature requests with Engineering and Product Management to influence the product roadmap.
- Maintain knowledge of the security landscape and competitive solutions.
Skills you have…
- Some prior experience in a customer facing role as an implementation consultant or technical project manager delivering SaaS-based solutions. Lead customers to successful outcomes, using technical relationships, attention to detail, and focus on process efficiency. Roles with direct technical customer interaction, such as Professional Services, Solutions Engineering, or Technical Support provide a great foundation for success!
- Strong project and time management skills. Comfortable with change and prioritizing multiple customer project requirements. Confident written and verbal communicator, adapts to various customer situations and audiences (from IT administrator to CISO).
- Understanding of security technologies (multi-factor authentication, identity and access management, PKI). Administrator-level experience with Unix or Windows technologies, including Azure, Office 365, Active Directory (domains and trusts). Solid grasp of networking concepts, including RADIUS and/or LDAP authentication.
Experience working in the following technologies is a plus:
- SAML / Single sign-on authentication.
- VPN configuration, load balancing concepts and technologies (F5, NetScaler, A10, Kemp).
3 Reasons why you should apply…
- You are technically inquisitive and derive satisfaction from driving the success of your customers and improving an organization’s security posture - you live for that “a-ha!” moment when their light bulb shines!
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment, and stay flexible through growth and change.
- You love working in a team of smart individuals where everyone brings their ideas to collaborate together on solutions.
This job may not be for you if…
- Working for a company in hyper growth isn't something you are comfortable embracing.
- You prefer to work on your own (our team motivates each other to learn together)
Duo is committed to encouraging and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation and Duo’s achievement as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that all potential candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.