Solutions Architect, Public Sector
Alternate LocationBerlin, Germany; Eschborn, Germany; Stuttgart, Germany; Hamburg, Germany;
Area of InterestBusiness Development
The Customer Solutions Architect role is a unique opportunity to join a new team within CX as the customer advocate to represent the services aspect of the overall Cisco solution. The Customer Solutions Architects will focus on large and transformational opportunities.
In close partnership with sales, you will utilize your unique professional services, industry vertical, and technology expertise to lead the shaping of new business opportunities and designing tailored service solutions. Complementing our products, you play a vital role by creating the best value service mix and outcomes for our customers.
- Hunt for deals, aligning activities with Service Sales teams for Cisco's Lifecycle selling and transformational opportunities
- Influence the shaping of future solutions by contributing to the architecture used across multiple products or systems
- Co-lead the pre-sales solution architecture and introduce the overall technical vision for a particular solution to stakeholders
- Lead CX RFP/RFIs for your selected accounts
- Build, evaluate and implement plans and design proposals for high impact solutions; consider key factors such as their long-term effectiveness (service delivery and cost), practicality, technical limitations and criticality
- Demonstrate a cross-architecture approach in solutions development with mid to high level technical expertise to create journey maps and multi-year roadmaps
- Focus on pre-sales architecture activities and ensuring a follow-thru with post-sales architects; Become the bridge to ensure the scoped solution is delivered
- Consultative selling experience via designs, blueprints, architecture frameworks, systems or products (the solutions) and aligning them to the customer's desired business outcomes
- Knowledge of Professional Services business with Delivery background working with strategic customers. Industry specific expertise for contextualizing solutions to the vertical.
- Excellent executive level communication and presentation skills to simplify conveying the value of underlying sophisticated solutions.
- Fluency in German.
Preferred Requirements are:
- Be able to work and follow Agile methodology.
- Basic Knowledge of DevOps processes and open source tools, such as Git, CI/CD, Ansible, Terraform, Kubernetes etc.
- At least one CCNP certification or one industry certification
- ONEx Technology Blue Belt or similar technical certification or equivalent skills
- Direct customer pre-sales experience or previous Cisco BD experience.
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. and/or Canada locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. or Canada hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.