Customer Program Manager
Location:Offsite, RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
What You’ll Do
You will leverage your project management and PMI process experience while applying Cisco's considerable technical knowledge in solving problems and driving Customer Success. Cisco's Customer Experience organization provides key network-related technical and process subject matter experts to our global customers.
We leverage the PMI Project Processes to ensure our commitments are well managed and the services are delivered to a high level of customer satisfaction. This includes initiating, planning, tracking (schedule and finance), execution monitor and control and closing out project efforts.
- Plan, execute and close projects successfully for our customers while handling scope, timelines, financials, communications and other activities necessary for successful project management
- Manage internal and external expectations and communications in regards to delivery, performance and customer happiness
- Demonstrate excellent communications capabilities, business insight and resource management without functional authority
- Leadership and participation in the Project Management Community to further develop the role, processes and operational procedures
Who You’ll Work With
Are you ready for the next wave? Here, you'll be managing large or strategic, or multiple large deployments for our web-based customers while you work hand in hand with some of the brightest people in Cisco.
These projects utilize existing or new Cisco technologies, multiple third-party vendors and cross multiple functions, have high organization visibility, and may include multiple locations or Regions. You will be managing multiple critical projects in tight time frames for mission-critical network deployments for some of Cisco’s most exciting customers.
Who You Are
You manage customer-facing network technology (design, implementation and support) projects for Cisco customers. You apply your Project Management Profession (PMP) certified knowledge and experience to ensure high customer satisfaction while fulfilling our customers' requirements. All five project processes are leveraged to ensure predictable and successful outcomes. You'll identify and resolve complex problems that impact the strategic direction of our customers and Cisco. You will work with a high level of network expertise across multiple organizations. Independence and a "take-charge" approach are welcomed as our customer expects the best from Cisco.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
- Undergraduate degree (helpful if Business, Engineering, Computer Science or other related disciplines) desired.
- 5+ years active Project Management experience.
- PMP certification
- Experience managing projects and programs.
- Exceptional Project Management Skills including scheduling, financial reporting, performance reporting, communications, issues/risks/actions management, procurement management and other key PM skill-sets
- Fluent Microsoft Office products including use of EXCEL, WORD, POWERPOINT, MS Project and Project & Program accounting systems
- Experience with project-level accounting (cost and revenue)
- Have demonstrated leadership skills and experience working with large project teams and strategic accounts
- Are willing to travel
- Knowledge of Cisco technologies and solutions is a plus
- ITIL Certification a plus
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything – people, processes, data, and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.