Customer Experience Engineer - Enterprise Network (Customer Success Specialist)
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
What You’ll Do
The Customer Success Specialist (CSS) role is a crucial, strategic advisor and technical expert that engages with customers to accelerate their adoption of Cisco products & solutions that transform their business and drive business outcomes. You will be part of the Cisco Customer Experience (CX) organization, one of Cisco’s fastest growing teams.
As CSS, you are a hands-on expert for their aligned product or architecture. This role owns delivery of targeted engagements intended to increase product awareness, share industry best practices, and drive overall product consumption and business value. You will bring strategic vision and tactical expertise to ensure every customer engagement is a success while also actively participating in the global CSS Community where they collaborate with their peers to share standard methodologies and customer success stories. You will be able to effectively combine deep technical knowledge with solid understanding of business priorities to provide consultative solutions pivotal to helping customers realize value faster.
This is a highly technical role intended to help our customers with a myriad of their adoption challenges as a specialist within the Cisco Enterprise Networking architecture, including Cisco DNA, Routers, Switches, Wireless, and ISE.
We searching a hardworking Networking expert with experience in routing, switching, network management, Cisco Digital Network Architecture, Software-Defined Networking, and Mobility.
Who You’ll Work With
You will build close relationships with customers, CX counterparts, architects, & engineers in achieving their goals. The role will:
- Deliver Accelerators and ATX (Ask-the-Expert) sessions to a variety of customers, tailoring deliverables and producing quantifiable business outcomes with scope and on-time engagement.
- Facilitate high impact, technology-specific workshops targeted at all levels of an organization to accelerate a business initiative, potentially in conjunction with the Customer Success Executive (CSE)
- Demonstrate domain specialization and expertise to expertly identify and dedicatedly handle risk areas and customer expectations that could impact successful delivery
- Contribute to product and offer improvement by providing lifecycle feedback to CX Product Management and CX Success Programs Teams
- Inspire customers to make tactical and strategic deployment decisions and track long term business outcomes
- Collaborate with Account teams, CS, Partners to improve customer adoption, address product concerns, and drive incremental growth
- Be responsible for evangelizing the end-to-end CX offer strategy and roadmap to sales specialists, delivery teams, and customers
- Drive adoption and expansion of Cisco products by highlighting feature opportunities, winning use cases, and relevant strategies to customers and the Success team
- Up to 10% travel possible.
Who You Are
- Customer Obsessed: Dedicatedly understands customer needs and aligns architectural and vertical expertise to multi-functional teams to drive alignment on decisions that enhance customer value.
- Technical Guru: Strong technical knowledge with ability to understand and connect customer use cases/plans with Cisco solutions and how Cisco solutions can be optimally applied in a customer’s environment to accelerate customer value. A drive for continued learning in new technologies, functionality, and industry best practices
- Cross-Team Collaborator & Influencer –work across internal and external teams of all levels to enthusiastically inspire technical implementation decisions and work towards common goal. Ability to operate and interact with customers in a remote / virtual and face-to-face environment (varies by role).
- Business Acumen- clear understanding of high-level business landscape including key strategic priorities, processes, and competitive marketplace
- Results Oriented: Interest in and validated execution ability with relevant technologies and customer outcomes.
- First Responder: Skilled at issue management and handling customer expectations.
- Effective Communicator: Delivers complex information in a confident and convincing manner, appropriate to a diverse audience that produces clarity and impact.
- 3-6 years of experience in technical consulting or direct customer interfacing/engagement role with a solid and robust understanding of market best practices related to domain
- Thorough knowledge of the technical fundamentals of aligned technology/specialization areas, including features and use cases, and an ability to define and articulate how technology can be used to solve business challenges
- Strong business insight to understand customers’ business goals and challenges
- Thorough understanding of the customer success function and its importance in the industry
- Knowledge of DNA-C Automation, Assurance, SDA, SD-WAN, WAAS, iWAN
- Architectural knowledge of R&S to handle complex customer conversations and design scenarios
- Strong presentation skills and ability to build rapport with customers
- Suggested Cisco Certifications: CCNA / CCNP / CCDP / CCIE or equivalent strongly preferred
- BS Engineering, Computer Science, IT Management, or other technical degree.
If you are looking for hands-on involvement in crafting the future direction of Cisco and Customer Experience, we have a place for you.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.