Customer Experience Engineer - Collaboration (Customer Success Specialist)
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
What You’ll Do
The Customer Success Specialist (CSS) role is a highly critical, strategic advisor and technical expert that engages with customers to accelerate their adoption of Cisco products & solutions that transform their business and drive business outcomes. The role resides within the Cisco Customer Experience (CX) organization, one of Cisco’s fastest growing teams.
The CSS is a hands-on specialist for their aligned product or architecture. This role owns delivery of targeted engagements intended to increase product awareness, share industry best practices, and drive overall product consumption and business value. The CSS brings strategic vision and tactical expertise to ensure every customer engagement is a success while also actively participating in the global CSS Community where they collaborate with their peers to share best methodologies and customer success stories. The CSS is able to effectively combine deep technical knowledge with solid grasp of business priorities to provide consultative solutions pivotal to helping customers realize value faster.
Who You’ll Work With
The CSS will build close relationships with customers, CX counterparts, architects, & engineers in achieving their goals. The role will:
- Deliver Accelerators and ATX (Ask-the-Expert) sessions to a diverse set of customers, tailoring deliverables and producing quantifiable business outcomes with scope and on-time engagement;
- Facilitate high impact, technology-specific workshops targeted at all levels of an organization to accelerate a business initiative, potentially in conjunction with the Customer Success Executive (CSE);
- Demonstrate domain specialization and expertise to expertly identify and proactively manage risk areas and customer expectations that could impact successful delivery;
- Contribute to product and offer improvement by providing lifecycle feedback to CX Product Management and CX Success Program teams;
- Inspire customers to make tactical and strategic deployment decisions and track long term business outcomes;
- Collaborate with Account teams, CS, Partners to improve customer adoption, address product concerns, and drive incremental growth;
- Be responsible for voicing support for the end-to-end CX offer strategy and roadmap to sales specialists, delivery teams, and customers;
- Drive adoption and expansion of Cisco products by highlighting feature opportunities, winning use cases, and relevant strategies to customers and the Success team;
- Up to 10% travel possible.
Who You Are
- Customer Obsessed: Inherently understands customer needs and provides the best CX onboarding and contract lifecycle experience to enhance customer value;
- Technical Guide: Enough technical knowledge to understand and connect customer business outcomes to offer functionality to accelerate customer value;
- Cross-Team Collaborator–work across internal and external teams of all levels to proactively support the customer. Reducing the time it takes the customer to start engaging with and receiving value from their service. Ability to operate and interact with customers in a remote / virtual environment;
- Business Acumen: clear understanding of the customers’ business outcomes and how the CSS can support the customer on their path;
- Results Oriented: Interest in and proven execution ability with relevant offers and driving customer to their outcomes;
- First Responder: Skilled at issue management and handling customer expectations;
- Effective Communicator: Delivers complex information in a confident and convincing manner, appropriate to a diverse audience that produces clarity and impact.
This is a highly technical role intended to help our customers with a myriad of their adoption challenges as a specialist within the Cisco Collaboration architecture, including CUCM, Jabber, IM&P, Contact Centre, Meeting Server, Webex Teams, Webex Meetings, Webex Calling. For this role we are looking for a Networking specialist with experience in one or more of these areas.
- 1-3 years of experience in technical consulting or direct customer interfacing/engagement role with a solid understanding of industry best practices;
- Thorough understanding of the technical fundamentals of aligned technology/specialization areas, including features and use cases, and an ability to define and articulate how technology can be used to solve business challenges
- Strong business discernment to understand customers’ business goals and challenges
- Detailed understanding of the customer success function and its importance in the industry;
- Strong presentation skills and ability to establish trust with customers;
- Knowledge of at least one of the following: CUCM, Jabber, IM&P, Contact Centre, Meeting Server, Webex Teams, Webex Meetings, Webex Calling;
- Suggested Cisco technical Certifications: CCNA / CCNP / CCDP/ CCIE or equivalent strongly preferred;
- Suggested Cisco Success Management certifications: Cisco Customer Success Manager;
- BS Engineering, Computer Science, Masters preferred.
If you are looking for hands-on involvement in crafting Cisco's strategic direction and Customer Experience, we have a place for you.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.