Customer Experience Apprentice Program (Manchester / Feltham)
Location:Manchester, United Kingdom
Alternate LocationBedfont Lakes, Feltham
Area of InterestSales - Services, Solutions, Customer Success
Start Date: January 2023
Location: Bedfont Lakes, Feltham / Manchester
Does the idea of being in a team of experts creatively solving problems for customers excite you? Do you want to help customers understand, use & love their Cisco technology fully? Customer Experience at Cisco is about pulling together expertise, process, projects & technology with and for our customers.
Our Degree Apprenticeship is a great way to kick-start your career in Customer Experience (through technical and non-technical roles), gaining invaluable work experience whilst earning the same qualifications as a university graduate, including sought-after industry qualifications.
During the 4 years, you will have the opportunity to experience different teams within our business -technical and otherwise- and join these teams through specialised rotations; you will get to work directly with our cutting-edge technology and support our industry-leading experts.
By the end of the programme, you will have both the knowledge and experience to begin a flourishing career in technology.
So, what is it like working for one of the world’s leading technology companies?
- Be at the heart of it all; watching technology happen from the inside
- Learn our technology and our culture that helps us deliver top quality services and solutions to our customers
- Build strong customer relationships to understand their network and business needs and solve their technical challenges
- Design, test, and deploy our technology, understanding the engineering behind it, and how to troubleshoot
- Analyse and unpick data and understand how telemetry is informing our business.
- Manage projects that ensure we deliver for our customers, communicating with stakeholders and working towards deadlines
- Meet hundreds of Cisco employees from all over the world, expanding your professional network by building contacts, working with the best and learning from experts
- Give back to local communities through fundraising, volunteering, and raising awareness of meaningful causes
- To top it all off, you'll have a strong support system, including a network of current apprentices, mentors, and managers to guide and advise you.
What You’ll Do:
As an apprentice, you will get support and mentorship to understand how your passion and skills best fit within Customer Experience at Cisco. Your Apprentice Manager will help you to pursue rotations that play to your strengths and interests and support you in developing the necessary skills to be successful.
You will get to know Cisco; what we do and how we do it. You’ll complete an induction bootcamp; giving you the foundation to build your exciting career with us. The year will include:
- A 3-month induction and business orientation
- Our Fresher’s Fair, connecting you to many employee-led groups, a chance to start building friendships within & outside the Apprentice Programme
- Three rotations across our business units that will offer you exposure and entry-level responsibilities
- The creation of a portfolio of work that demonstrates the responsibilities of your current roles and the skills you are developing
- Helping you understand whether you want to pursue a technical or non-technical pathway within Customer Experience
Year 2 & 3
You’ll start to specialise, focusing on an area of Customer Experience (technical or non-technical) opportunities helping you discover your ideal career with Cisco. These 2 years will include:
- Three rotations across different teams where you will take ownership of partner / customer projects
- A work-based project, including strategy and research, that demonstrates the work you’re doing daily
You’ll define your career path and deliver work and results to the business, in preparation for graduation. The year will include:
- A final rotation where you are accountable to a specific sales team or customer and delivering to agreed key performance indicators
- A major project pulling together everything you have learned and how you’re using it to be successful in your role
- Our Apprentices work mainly from our offices in Bedfont Lakes in Feltham and Didsbury in Manchester; depending on your role, you may also travel offsite to visit our customers and attend events.
- During your final year, you will be supported by the Apprentice Program team & Emerging Talent team in your application process for a Graduate position within Cisco post Apprenticeship.
- Qualifications matter, but a passion for technology and the desire to learn are even more meaningful.
- You should have or be studying towards achieving at least 2 A Levels (excluding General Studies or Critical Thinking) or a BTEC Level 3 or equivalent.
- You should also have a minimum of 5 GCSE grades A* to C or grade 4-9, including English & Maths, as an indicator of your learning.
- Must be able to legally live and work in UK
- Your application should demonstrate who you are and showcase your strengths so that we can bring your abilities to life at Cisco and help you find your ideal career path.
- Open Evenings will be held October 11th, 12th, and 13th.
- Screening Interviews begin w/c 17th October.
- Assessment Centres will be held mid-November (Tues 15th & Thurs 17th Nov)
- Start Date – January 2023
Cisco Benefits You Will Enjoy
- Access to training and certification alongside your fully paid for bachelor’s degree
- 25 days annual leave
- A day of on your birthday
- Paid 10 days “Time to Give”, to volunteer for causes that matters to you
- Team Connect & Recognition Programs to drive a sense of belonging and appreciation
- Service Anniversary awards
- Lenovo or Mac laptop issued on day 1
- Mentors and coaches to help you on your journey
- Employee discounts across a range of high street and online shops, including discounted cinema tickets
- Annual bonuses
#ciscoapprentice #apprenticeship #learning #development
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.