Customer Delivery Security Architect - AAA/VPN/any security firewalls, design & implementation 12+yrs
Area of InterestProfessional Services
- Lead customer delivery engagements by providing design and solution consultancy for large scale solutions and complex issues.
- Build & maintain key CX and customer stakeholders’ relationships facilitating best-in-class customer experience.
- Consult and work with customers and Cisco stakeholders to plan, design, install, configure, integrate and/or optimize Cisco’s suite of products, services to accelerate business outcomes.
- Translate business requirements into solution design. Drives customer technology transitions, influencing solution architectures and services.
- Participate in services presales activities which include helping create statement Of work, scoping of efforts, propose right services & solutions, eloquent value of Cisco solutions as part of a comprehensive outcome-based solution.
- Conceptualize (Customer Requirements Document), plan (Implementation Strategy Plan), design (High Level Design) and advise cross-functional teams across multiple technical, operational and enterprise architecture domains.
- Provides leadership capabilities and insight for creation and sharing of intellectual capital, influences the Engineering team to improve products.
- Collaborates cross functionally with internal stakeholders to showcase the value of Cisco services and solutions to customers.
- Leads creation and dissemination of technical collateral, intellectual capital, documentation and knowledge transfer.
- Provides technical expertise and escalation support in documenting and resolving technical problems found in products and solutions.
- Mentors and develop other senior security consulting engineers
- Interfaces Internally and Externally with customers, senior leadership, other Engineers, Partners, field personnel, CAP Managers, and internal engineering departments and product organizations for Customers as well as Cisco's success.
- Develop implementation business impact, risk analysis and mitigation plans
- Drive new internal initiatives with measurable customer and/or business outcomes.
- Create and deliver training and/or mentorship programs for technical resources within CX organization.
- Partner with senior CX stakeholders to improve quality and serviceability of CX products.
- Typically requires BS in a technical field (CS/EE preferred) or equivalent plus 12+ years related experience.
- Thorough understanding and knowledge on Security Profile for any of the industry like public sector / ITES / Finance / Service providers, etc.
- Expert level technical leadership skills with one or more security market technologies like network security, endpoint security, etc.
- Thorough knowledge and exposure on cloud security concepts, migration opportunities and solutions.
- Work experience & thorough understanding on security advisory services like security architecture assessments, threat mapping and remediations, posture assessments, etc., for enterprise and service providers.
- Good understanding on networking fundamentals, hands-on experience, troubleshooting skills of security products.
- Ability to work with senior leaders (like CISOs) and resolve whether their business focus cycle is around Technology specific, Technical Architectures, Business solutions, or Business Transformation and apply the right methodology and skills to create suitable Business Value propositions.
- Experience in leading presales discussions with relevant stakeholders, both internal and external to the organisation, driving discussions highlighting key benefits of Cisco products over competitors, and influencing to win customer confidence.
- CCIE or equivalent relevant certification.
- Actively applies critical thinking to function effectively in ambiguous circumstances.
- Ability of individual to influence the team and develop capabilities.
- Cisco Security products experience is desired.
- Advanced knowledge around topics of Service Provider, IT and/or OT operations, security, governance, and Enterprise Architecture (e.g., ITIL, COBIT5, TOGAF, CISSP, SecOps, etc).
- Experience with security auditing services based on industry specific regulatory guidelines and compliance needs is desired.
- DevNet professional or equivalent understanding level of network and software automation/orchestration, software programmability, orchestration and/or virtualization, microservices, containers, cloud, databases, open source etc is desired.
Leadership / Autonomy
- Translate high level objectives into results. Assignments are often self- initiated. Resolves and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired results.
- Acts independently to resolve methods and procedures on new or special assignments. May supervise, co-ordinate and facilitate the activities of others and may lead large scale projects with potentially enterprise impact.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!