Customer Delivery Engineering Technical Leader (1372975)
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
What You'll Do
We are a team of Technical Leaders that requires the highest level of technical ability, innovation, and analytical skills.
- Independently solves problems in broad, complex, and unique networks with mixed environments. Supports engineers from multiple teams as well as the field and aids them in problem resolution.
- Acts as a focal point for large account network problem resolution and provides technical leadership for Critical Accounts where Cisco is at risk.
- Effectively utilizes lab setups to debug broad and complex problems and submit complete and correct CDETS reports and monitors reports of other engineers for quality in areas of expertise
- Provides input to Engineering and product organizations on future product development.
- Provides systems/product training both internally and externally. Develops intellectual property and innovates within the strategy to create new service capabilities
- Provides impact across all Technical Leader functional areas:
- Customer Problem Resolution: Case Reviews, CAP, RRR for example
- Innovation: Automation (BDB/BORG), Patents, RFCs for example
- Engineering Partnership: CER, Serviceability, New Product/Feature Incubation, Field Quality/Top Issues for example
- Content Development: Techzone, CCO (White Papers), SCIM, ICCR, BDB Communities, CCIE Development for example
- Talent Development: Leadership Programs/Mentoring, Drive Accountability and Culture, Self Development for example
Who You'll Work With
This team primarily provides technical leadership to TAC delivery teams in the region, which includes incubation of new products and services. You will be collaborating with TAC delivery teams, product BUs, Advances Services, TS Product Management, Acquisition Integration, Sales and Service Readiness teams to drive scalability of new products and solutions. Work with Global Technical Leader team and GTAC Technology Office to drive grass roots innovation.
Who You Are
We need a team player and natural innovator that can drive improved customer experiences with products, technologies, and solutions by demonstrating technical excellence, collaboration, and ownership in all aspects of customer problem resolution. Focus should be on complex, interdependent, highly visible customer issues that have broad impact. Serve as a cross-functional technical advisor by utilizing depth and breadth of knowledge to drive customer success. Are you an active leader in this evolution?
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- 5 or more years of customer support experience, including expert analytical and troubleshooting skills, proven crisis management skills and ability to handle critical customer issues/problems
- Expert level knowledge of Nexus Switching platforms and NX-OS and all related technologies and protocols including (but not limited to) VxLAN, Routing Protocols (OSPF, RIP, EIGRP, BGP, IS-IS), Segment Routing, Fabic Path, vPC, OTV, CFS,
- Expertise with ASIC-level debugging
- In-depth knowledge of NX-OS architecture including component-level interaction, software-to-hardware programming, and internal packet forwarding.
- Expert knowledge of Data Center industry, products and protocols
- Knowledge of Linux (Red Hat, Ubuntu, etc), networking (bonding, bridging, iptables, vlans, OVS, etc), virtualization (KVM, libvirt, etc)
- Commitment and ability to resolve complex technical problems, multitask, and be dedicated to customer success
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Innate crisis management skills and ability to handle critical customer issues/problems
- Experience interacting with customers/partners or in a client facing role.
- BS in a technical field (CS/EE preferred) or equivalent; 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Programming skills (Python, Linux, Shell Scripting)
- Troubleshooting experience using wireshark, tcpdump, finisar or other protocol analyzers
- Cisco Certifications: CCNP/CCIE DC, VCP-DCV, RedHat, MCSE, AWS, HP, IBM, Dell Server Support certifications (strongly desired)
- Able to determine problems and deliver new solutions with a high level of customer satisfaction and has the ability to determine root cause and resolution for previously unknown problems
- Ability to work effectively with and provide guidance to other members by determining methods and procedures on new assignments, mentoring more junior engineers and promoting/soliciting ideas within TL and CSE delivery teams
- DevOps/NetDevOps, Automation
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.