Customer Delivery Consulting Engineer - SDWAN/DNA
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
What You'll Do
Based in the RTP CX Center, Cisco's Customer Experience (CX) team is one of the highest growing areas at Cisco. Passionate about the management and automation of customer’s hybrid IT, consultants work with some of the largest and thought-leading customers in the world. This Professional Services group helps build solutions, leads implementations, and enables customer self-sufficiency on market-leading Cisco software products.
- Account ownership, collaborating with customer account team and stakeholders
- Establish trusted advisor relationship with customer management and teams on DNA Center/SDWAN
- Provide Planning, Designing, Implementation, Operation and Optimization services to Cisco Professional Services Customers around Cisco’s Enterprise Networking products and related solutions (DNA Center/SDWAN).
- Participate in or lead DNA Center/SDWAN design/implementation and migration, performance engineering or problem resolution projects
- Guide other consultants and engineers, resolving challenges and ensuring customer success
· Take a leadership role in execution of delivery projects and interactions with team
- Participate in weekly status meetings and other ad-hoc interactions with the customer managing specific asks from the customer and handling customer expectations around DNA Center/SDWAN engagement / deployment / design
- Complete deliverables according to the engagement schedule set up in conjunction with the Project Manager (PM)
· Support presale activities and translate business requirements into solution design
· Build customer simulations in test labs to resolve/validate complex problems and compatibility issues
· Create and deliver customer collateral, portals, documentation and knowledge transfers
· Align technical deliverables to customer business outcomes
· Comply with and support company policies and processes and utilize relevant tools to effectively execute the role and support Professional Services’ strategies and goals
· Create templates, intellectual capital, and standardized materials for future reuse and delivery.
· Collaborate with other Consulting Engineers in appropriate technology domains to ensure optimal use of resources to meet customer needs.
· Collaborate with Sales Team in creating and demonstrating technology solutions to customers.
- Ensure smooth closure of engagements using relationship with the customer to guide them to the next step i.e. Business Critical Services (BCS), Optimization, etc.
- Document creation of technical documentation, for internal and external customer such as method of procedures, solution design, installation procedures, testing procedures, troubleshooting guides, etc.
- A high degree of raw analytic skills, logical reasoning ability, and curiosity. Be creative with a practical approach and have an intuitive feel for financial consequences of recommendations.
- As a note, post-COVID-19, there may be the need for travel at times but it will be limited
Who You'll Work With
As a Consulting Engineer, you will work extensively with customers along with appropriate internal and external resources (e.g. Cisco account teams, partners) on the strategy/deployment/optimization of Cisco services and solutions concerning emerging technologies such as SDWAN, DNAC, and SDA. You will also work with your teammates and peers across geographic locations and organizations such as TTG and Theater to collaborate on training needs, standardization, and more.
Who You Are
Our team focuses on emerging technologies such as SDWAN, DNA, and SDA. Knowledge and/or experience in one or more of these areas is required
You're the connection to Cisco customers and will build relationships while solving issues, managing expectations, and leaving the customer feeling valued.
You are someone who is continually developing your knowledge of networking products and protocols to provide support in your designated technology focus area
You'll effectively utilize databases of existing issues, debugging tools and lab simulations to analyze problems and identify solutions
You're able to explain technical issues and present information in a concise manner to both technical and non-technical personnel
You love sharing knowledge to build relationships, and effectively solve problems both alone and as part of a team
You have the confidence and ability to lead customer interactions and assist teammates as needed
You have experience installing, deploying, configuring, or troubleshooting Enterprise solutions for customers
You have a degree in a technical field with 3+ years experience in a technical or customer facing role
Knowledge and experience in emerging technologies such as SDWAN, DNAC, and/or SDA
Innate crisis management skills and ability to handle critical customer issues/problems
You have experience interacting with customers or in a client-facing role with excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills
Dedication and the tenacity to resolve complex technical problems, multitask, and be dedicated to customer success
Team player that loves collaboration and teaching others
CCNP or relevant experience/knowledge
Excellent troubleshooting skills
Strong knowledge and experience in emerging technologies such as SDWAN, DNAC, and/or SDA is a must
Knowledge/experience with Professional Services offerings
Ability to understand project scope and map it to customer business goals and objectives
Strong communication, presentation, and consulting skills
CCNP or CCIE certification highly desired
Knowledge of products/solutions within Routing and Switching, and software defined solutions
Programming and automation skills is a plus (Python, Ruby, C, C++, Linux, Shell Scripting)
Knowledge of ISE highly preferred
Analyzes opportunities with a broad, strategic view; integrates business and technology requirements to achieve cross-domain solutions that work across the enterprise; applies methodologies that are appropriate for multiple users / technology platforms.
Client-facing skills to include cross-functional influence, external and internal consulting/partnering.
High-level, out-of-the-box thinking, analytical reasoning, and creative problem-solving skills.
Ability to shift from high-level thinking to realistic and pragmatic execution is essential.
Excellent written and verbal communications skills: ability to communicate technology strategy to engineers, executives, and Cisco customers.
Willingness and ability to work with teams, ability to build relationships using an open and respectful communication and collaboration style.
Communication skills to include conflict management, negotiation, presentation/demonstration, and written communication.
Cisco best-practice skills to include establishing relationships, cultural sensitivity, goal alignment, learning agility, and virtual/remote training.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco