Customer Delivery Architect - Germany
Alternate LocationAll Cisco offices in Germany
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking, Security
Please note this posting is to advertise potential job opportunities. This exact role may not be open today, but could open in the near future. When you apply, a Cisco representative may contact you directly if a relevant position opens.
Customer Delivery Architect
Who You'll Work With
Cisco Customer Experience (CX) delivers the best customer experience in the industry that accelerates success for our customers and profitable growth for Cisco and our partners. Regional CX Teams support highly technical customer engagements in all theatres across the globe and customer segments. This position will be primarily focused on the German Theater.
What You‘ll Do
- Work with Cisco’s customers to provide consultative, proactive and/or reactive Services for Cisco Solutions
- Be able to understand and gather client requirements, lead a technical team to design and implement technical solutions that meet customer’s needs.
- Participate in technology specific projects for services like implementation, migration or support.
- Create technical documentation such as topologies, detailed, and conceptual designs, implementation plans, and documents around client solutions.
- Technical Leadership of project teams, follow protocol, adhere to project processes and compliance.
- As part of a larger team, collaborate in a virtual environment with minimal guidance.
Who You Are
We are looking for a Architect to provide Leadership on Customer projects in the field of design, implementation, performance engineering and Automation.
We need a creative problem solver, responding to customers’ demands to deploy and support Cisco’s newest technologies and products. You are well positioned to become a trusted advisor, capable of building solid, long-term relationships with customers. Our CX Engineers are recognized technology gurus and Cisco will help you continuously enhance your skills and expertise to lead technology/solutions.
- Demonstrable experience of 7 to 10 years in Network Engineering positions
- Background in data networks and familiar with key Cisco technologies and protocols
- Professional level (e.g. CCNP, CCIE) or equivalent relevant certification and skills
- You have experience in providing technical leadership in the field of Networking related projects
- You have a good understanding of Automation technologies (.e.g. Ansible, Terraform) and can articulate the value of Network Automation
- Operational experience including network management, network availability, and capacity management
- Eager to develop yourself and learn new technologies and delivery methods
- Willing to travel for customer projects, training and internal meetings (25-35%)
- Fluent in spoken and written German and good English language skills (level B2 to C1)
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. and/or Canada locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. or Canada hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco typically pays as follows:
.75% of incentive target for each 1% of revenue attainment up to 50% of quota;
1.5% of incentive target for each 1% of attainment between 50% and 75%;
1% of incentive target for each 1% of attainment between 75% and 100%; and once performance exceeds 100% attainment, incentive rates are at or above 1% for each 1% of attainment with no cap on incentive compensation.
For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.