Crosswork Cloud Service - Site Reliability Engineer
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics
You will work on Cisco Crosswork Network Insights, a cloud-based service providing rich analysis of routing and network data, designed to significantly reduce the mean time to repair of networking issues.
As a Lead Site Reliability Engineer, you will design, build out, and maintain a highly available multi-tenant production cloud service.
What we're looking for:
· 8+ years of SRE/infrastructure experience
· Comfortable working with new technologies
· Experience with Unix/Linux systems, with experience working with the shell, the kernel, system libraries, file systems, and client-server protocols
· Experience with network concepts (IPv4/6, TCP/IP, load balancing, etc) and common Internet protocols (http, https, dns, ftp etc.).
· Experience with configuration management systems
· Experience with containers at large scale
· Experience with databases and performance tuning
· Experience with distributed systems and highly scalable systems
The ideal candidate must have strong communication skills, believe that automation is a key component to operating a production cloud service, display an ability to spot long-term trends in a production web environment, and make certain that services are always available. The candidate must be able to clearly articulate problems and solutions to engineering or non-engineering stakeholders and use strong troubleshooting and analysis skills to deep-dive into a problem and drive it to a satisfactory technical and business resolution.