Credit Leader, US Partner Credit
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestFinance
What You Will Do:
An excellent opportunity is now available to join Cisco’s Global Credit & Risk team. As Credit Leader, you will lead our US Partner Credit Underwriting Team, our US Partner portfolio and help in executing on our strategy to enable Cisco solutions while being a steward of our business. You will report to the Global Credit Leader for Partners and SP and be responsible for leading a team to manage credit risk for trade and term credit financing.
Through your leadership, your team will enable Cisco to provide robust, integrated and simplified credit solutions through the strategic application of Trade, Channel, Term and other Programmatic Credit Offerings within Cisco’s risk tolerances.
- Engage, enable, integrate, simplify and direct your team to rationalize credit offerings and tools with our customers, partners and sales team
- Engage with the Finance teams, Cisco Sales teams, the Americas Partner Organization as well as Partner & Distributor CFO’s, Treasurers and Controllers to forecast and facilitate large complex transactions and programs that ensure credit & repayment capacity
- Identify customer and portfolio trends and communicate impact cross-functionally within Cisco
- Provide key stakeholders with timely assessment and visibility of portfolio performance, as well as early identification of and intervention into portfolio level issues and risks
- Ensure internal partners are advised and aligned through day to day engagement, balancing of sales enablement and risk, providing alternatives where needed and overall education of our portfolios and corporate risk appetite
- Identify and establish key areas of opportunity within the portfolio and mitigation plans for improvement by leveraging stakeholder feedback and data
- Risk Management: Oversee our credit underwriting and conduct assessments to define and analyze credit risks, set credit lines and make data driven decisions while balancing risk and sales enablement
- Roadmaps: Accountable for executing the Credit strategies that align with business goals and objectives
- Support cross functional projects when required.
- Provide consistent and timely portfolio reporting with the data to enable efficient decision making. Accurately report on variances and establish earlier warning of variance.
Who you will Work With:
You will be partnering with other senior leaders across Cisco’s Global Finance organization, Cisco and Cisco Capital Sales leadership, Global Credit, Collections and Operations. You will develop productive working relationship with multiple Cisco stakeholders. In addition, you will provide guidance and direction to a broad group of Finance Professionals ranging in different levels of experience who support the Global Credit Organization.
Who You are:
You are a dynamic, fast paced leader that has the ability to be proactive and creative to find solutions in balancing Cisco enablement and stewardship of our risk appetite and our balance sheet. You are responsive to a high demand, quick paced environment, with the drive lead teams to be their best. You demonstrate Cisco Principles in conjunction with having an inclusive and diversity mentality.
You have a strong mind set to ensure the business is strictly aligned with policies and procedures and encouraged to “do what is right” for the company’s shareholders and employees with a primary goal to ensure practices for ensuring profitable processes and credit risk management practices.
Your strong analytical, communication, collaboration & talent development skills are highly valued as we continue to accelerate our growing team’s capabilities.
- Executive Level credit risk management leader with 10+ years’ commercial credit (or equivalent analytical) experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA preferred
- Demonstrated expertise in process management-Six Sigma/green belt certification preferred
- Experience leading program initiatives and/or process improvement efforts
- Ability to multi-task and handle various projects simultaneously to deliver timely results
- Ability to prioritize effectively and facilitate action across remote groups. Ability to convey ideas and recommendations in a clear, compelling, and succinct way in written and verbal communications
- Ability to communicate and influence optimally with a wide broad range of audiences - technical and business clients, Finance functions, and all levels of employees
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. Candidates receiving an offer will receive additional information about the accommodation process at the time of the offer. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco's vaccination policy.