Country People Services Representative - Portugal
Location:Oeiras, Lisboa, Portugal
Area of InterestHuman Resources
Country People Services Specialist for Portugal
Who You'll Work With
An integrated team of Country People Services specialists managing the HR country operation scope as defined in the HR Service and Compliance Catalogue. This mainly includes the management of activities which derive from compliance and regulatory requirements which any EMEAR Cisco entity has to act in accordance with.
Country People Services is delivered by a virtual team of over twenty representatives located at critical EMEAR Cisco sites and firmly integrated and aligned with existing shared services teams.
What You'll Do
Local Benefits Delivery:
- Obtain and validate necessary employee data for onboarding, changes occurring due to life events, and off boarding events
- Work with internal partners to ensure correct processing of benefits information
- Manage payment process for vendor services where applicable
- Partner with HR Country and COE on annual plan renewals
- Partner with HR Country to develop and communicate enrolment and benefit updates to employees
- Plan, communicate, and deliver local site benefit events in partnership with HR Country. Activities include determining timeline, planning, coordinating with vendors, communication content design, and providing onsite support for employees’ questions
- Manage accurate internal data and forms to ensure compliance with local requirements
Local Absence Management:
- Collect necessary paperwork associated with leaves of absence
- Process the leave in system in line with local legal requirements
- Provide payment instructions to payroll and other 3rd parties
- Verify manager actions on completion of leave
- Manage process compliance in line with country and global policy
- Responsible for adherence to the compliance accountability model and assessment methodology agreed upon by COE and Partners/stakeholders.
- Coordinate with different stakeholders to collate data and prepare various government reporting requirements, if required in location
- Provide data support (Pfile, benefits, absence) for internal and external audits
- Ensure process compliance in line with policy changes
New Employee Data Collection:
New Hire documentation support including:
- Facilitation of immigration data required for the application of the visa/work permit process in partnership with the third party
- Copies of visa/immigration/work permit paperwork and passports required to be held on local files
- Validation of Medical Checks and file, where required to be carried out locally
- Collect completed and signed contracts and file as per local requirements
- Complete employee Work Books, as required
- Benefit enrolment documentation where required locally
- Any other data collection requirements stipulated by local law
Car Lease & Allowance:
- Administer manual approval and paper work where necessary and processing in HRMS system if required in country
- 3rd party vendor management for the service delivery
- Provide expert assistance to third party providers for policy clarification
- Facilitate policy exceptions in conjunction with the COE and HR
HR Program Delivery:
- Provide local presence with administration expertise for a variety of programs conceived and driven by HR, mostly in service of employee engagement, eg. acquisitions, country enablement initiatives, employee engagement initiatives, new local guideline/policy or procedure introduction, review, or changes
Other Global Services:
- HR incident support
- Personnel file administration
Who You Are
- University degree in Human Resources/Business Administration or similar
- Generalist HR experience, preferably in a complex, multinational organization
- Knowledge of principles and practices in HR administration
- Fluent Portuguese
- Experience of onboarding non-nationals into Portugal
- Very good command of English, both speaking and writing
- Advanced MS Office skills
- High customer orientation & results achievement with strong business acumen
The required competencies:
- Partnership building (building effective relationships with managers, employees and HR, consulting, effective communication)
- Excellence in operations (management of process and programs, champions continuous improvement, drives results)
- Alignment of Analysis and Strategy (analyzes and interprets data, demonstrates critical thinking and pragmatic approach to decision making)
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco