Country People Services Manager
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestHuman Resources
What You'll Do
We seek an expert Country People Services Manager to work in people manager capacity to act as an expert in the operation of HR programs and processes. This is a great career opportunity for an experienced HR practitioner to put a variety of skills to work in building value that extends across the organization. The ideal candidate will have a broad knowledge and experience in human resources policies (particularly with regards to Social Insurance, Labor laws and regulatory statutory requirements) and their application in human resources programs; the candidate will have technical experience with HR systems, communication and project management skills, and the sound judgment needed to support continual improvement and operational excellence. The role requires operational excellence and the ability to quickly identify and provide solutions in accordance with local compliance and audit requirements.
- Find opportunities of innovation and operational excellence in the team and improve the service delivery
- Extend program coordination and delivery support to region specific initiatives
- Provide regional input into enterprise plans (solid grasp of regional requirements and feedback)
- Consult and influence regional program implementation and facilitate standard methodologies' sharing, maintain a strong working relationship with regional HR and global COE and EES team members
- Long term planning for talent development and succession in the team
- Team rosters, hiring and training as the need arises to sustain continued Local HR services in the region
- Motivate, collaborate and disrupt to drive the teams to success Teamwork and Engagement Internal Ecosystem Collaboration
- Everyday interaction with HR related operations ecosystem (HR case, trend and/or project. Improvement initiative based)
- Heavy HR collaboration element as Local HR Services manages the day to day operational engagement with our center of perfection (Compensation, Acquisitions, Employee Relations, Benefits, Talent Management) for all region and country specific questions and teamwork requirements
- Equally strong link with other ecosystem functions such as payroll, commissions, finance, HR Support (HR case, trend and/or project. Improvement initiative) based
- Tight Collaboration and Engagement with respective Country HR leader Report back to country HR leader and team on HR Ops trends, metrics, hot topics, initiative or project execution Collaboration of Daily Operational topics in country specific focus areas (i.e. New benefits Program, Great place to work, M&A etc)
- Planning of joint quarterly agenda with HR Country Leader around Country HR initiatives and local HR services support requirements and needs
- Attend team meetings and be an extended part of the country HR teams Integral part of supporting HR led local initiatives (example great place to work, acquisition, Engagement initiatives)
Who You Are
- University degree in Human Resources/Business Administration or similar
- Overall about 10 years of experience as HR Generalist, preferably in a complex, multinational organization
- Knowledge of principles and practices in HR administration
- Very good command of English, Chinese & Japanese
- Advanced MS Office skills
- High customer orientation & results achievement with strong eye for business
The required proficiencies:
- Partnership building (building effective relationships with managers, employees and HR, advising, effective communication)
- Excellence in operations (management of process and programs, champion’s continuous improvement, gets results)
- Alignment of Analysis and Strategy (analyzes and interprets data, demonstrates critical thinking and pragmatic approach to decision making)
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are rapidly growing our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and conferring services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine crafting unprecedented disruption. Your groundbreaking ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
At Cisco, each person brings their rare talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things taking ambitious risks to craft the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with rare personalities who aren't afraid to change.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
- Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us!