Country Manager Systems Engineering / CTO
Location:Wallisellen, Zurich, Switzerland
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Networking, Security
Why you'll love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything; here that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You'll Do
You will provide technical direction and business guidance to the sales team. You will drive revenue through account planning, resource planning and allocation. You will actively develop and maintain a team of high-performing Systems Engineers (SE) and continually seek creative methods for improving team performance. You will help meet operational revenue goals by driving creative programs and leading day to day activities. You will lead and grow Systems Engineering team talent and expertise and learn how to build a territory plan by compiling SE feedback and adding knowledge of market demand. You will create a technical resource plan for territory and collaborate with Regional Managers to prioritize and target team opportunities; review quantitative information to identify and explain trends. You will understand mechanisms for establishing team capacity, improving team performance and align resources to deliver on commitments and get results
- Lead team to technical account strategies that align to customer business requirements and goals; assign resources appropriately
- Assist in qualified partner identification where appropriate
- Monitor and approve requests for customer-focused pre-sales resources
- Track and report team metrics for a given opportunity
- Monitor and measure team progress against business plan and recommend changes as needed
- Interact with business units to provide support for local region
- Lead multi-functional projects within area of responsibility
- Facilitate communications and understanding of customer requirements between customers, corporate, and the field.
- Actively seek feedback on self; recognize own capabilities and take initiative to continually improve
- Advocate for continual improvement in customer experience to increase brand loyalty for Cisco
- Understand drivers of customer satisfaction, strive to improve customer experiences and maintain and monitor high levels of customer satisfaction in assigned territory.
Who You'll Work With
Systems Engineering team in Switzerland comprises of very talented and motivated engineers. We play different roles in the area of account pre-sales management, technology deep dive, partner advocacy and engineering leadership. We place emphasis on individual development and relevancy in the market place, and strong advocate of Cisco’s own certification programs. We work closely together to help our customer with their business problems. Our team possess diverse engineering expertise and we are constantly on a look out for new skill sets to add to our team capability.
This role allows flexibility, customer engagement, groundbreaking technology and career mobility. Teaming with Sales Specialist and Account teams, you will jointly engage with the customer, finding ways to pursue your customer's concerns and challenges and will make customers more agile, improve your career and bring groundbreaking technology into the light. You are a Leader for technical specialist team that acts in an increasingly consultative fashion and is looked at as a guide, or trusted technical advisor by the account team and customers.
Who You Are
Ideally you will have 10+ years’ related experience in the associated technology industry and 5+ years’ management experience and leadership of technical pre-sales teams. You are comfortable with customer management practices together with an in-depth understanding and experience in management of all aspects of sales support processes. As such, excellent communication skills to assist at the Customer Management Interface level, including negotiation and presentation skills, are required.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
- You have strong Pre-Sales track record within the technology industry.
- 5+ years management experience working with diverse teams and employees through mentoring, coaching and skill development.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent leadership, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Ideally, the ability to understand and be conversant about company, its solutions, and product strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. Comfortable evangelizing the value of Cisco products and solutions with passion and confidence.
- Cisco product experience or relevant experience in key competitor offerings in technology area of emphasis required.
At Cisco, each person brings their different talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart-cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.