Country Engagement Consultant- Japan
Area of InterestHuman Resources
What you'll do
As a Country Engagement Consultant, you partner with Country & Regional Leaders, Country Leadership Boards (CLBs), Employee Resources Organisations (EROs), and the People & Communities eco-system to drive engagement, collaboration, and country innovation. You contribute to/leverage global practices and frameworks to ensure country engagement experience is locally relevant yet consistent globally and aligned to our ambition of remaining The Best Place to Work globally. You influence both internal and external communities and consult on solutions and execution of P&C employee engagement strategies, initiatives, and programs within your country/region of responsibility. You also orchestrate the implementation of some of those programs and other complex P&C related changes in country. You have a deep understanding of the P&C offerings including our People Strategy and understand the country and regional landscape. You are able to scale your support to engagements that span across several countries and/or specialize in some country engagement areas (like GPTW, CLB, M&A) and provide global subject matter expertise. You shall also be supporting in the following areas: core country delivery work (i.e. compliance management, benefits delivery, onboarding/X-boarding/Offboarding, Country policies, in-country program support, local partner management etc). Subject matter expert in Japanese employment law, culture, language and business requirements. Partners closely with the Japan Communities Team, Community Partners, PX-Offering Teams, PXE etc...Will contribute to PX Country Big Bet and automation/digitization of country processes.
- Partner closely with CLBs* and other Country engagement tiger teams to set up country engagement strategy and supporting activities;
- In countries where those engagement structures do not exist you help set them up;
- Contribute to CLB agenda* from a P&C perspective (in partnership with your Country Community Partner/Consultant);
- Leverage/contribute to existing country engagement frameworks, best practices and develop strong connections with the broader P&C ecosystem to ensure a consistent country engagement experience locally;
- You are an expert on GPTW and can guide the Country Submission Team & CLB on all aspects of the program (i.e. from making the decision to participate to utilizing the survey results to improve overall country engagement);
- You are responsible for the orchestration of the GPTW submission (if your country does not have a Country Submission Team set up yet) and will help create a GPTW Country Submission Team for future submissions;
- Consult with the various EROs* on identifying engagement opportunities, educating them on Cisco P&C programs and global best practices;
- Partner with P&C stakeholders (e.g. Benefits, ER) to ensure country relevance in global/regional/country programs;
- Provide country perspectives/insights/consulting on how to approach/implement complex country compliance & legal requirements, benefits changes, global programs;
- Orchestrate the implementation of complex country changes/cross functional projects (i.e. Restructuring, M&A, Divestitures etc…);
- Together with the Communities (and other P&C Stakeholders and end users), you co-design frameworks and approaches that are meeting local country needs whilst also being in-tune with broader Cisco enterprise.
- Maintain close relationship with the Country Delivery Team to ensure the smooth delivery of core country services & with the Communities to ensure close alignment on country engagement approach and R&Rs with CLB (depending on size of country).
- Support critical Employee in Crisis escalations and critical country ER escalations;
- Represent P&C externally* from a Cisco brand perspective (i.e. speaking at an external event about Future of Work) or from a Compliance perspective (i.e. attending an employment court case on Cisco’s behalf);
Who you are
- You are a trusted HR consultant, advisor & coach
- You have the ability to work dynamically and collaboratively and develop relationships at country level and within P&C.
- You have a global mindset, are curious and keen to develop knowledge and acquire/share global best practices
- You care deeply about our end users and about their experience of partnering with us and using our offerings
- You have sound judgement and are able to manage ambiguity
- You are a change catalyst with the ability to influence
- You have business acumen and demonstrate effective stakeholder management and communication skills
- You have some country operations knowledge/country cultural awareness/language skills
Why You'll Love Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.