Systems Architect - South Africa
Location:Johannesburg, South Africa
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
What You’ll Do:
You will be passionate about working with global enterprise customers to develop, design and articulate the Country Digital Acceleration initiatives. You have a deep understanding of Cisco’s solutions and you will focus on developing solutions that allow our customers to implement a consistent policy framework across major network boundaries/domains and drive solutions for automation, security, and policy across all aspects of the network. You will collaborate with Internal and external Cisco teams to drive customer requirements and ensure complete solution development.
Who You'll Work With:
One Winning Team Engagement - Optimally facilitating initiatives with multi-functional teams and strategically engaging multi-functional resources to achieve their goals and hit their numbers. Build customer relationships inside and outside of IT that challenge them to see their business differently. Building Winning Capability within Cisco - Focusing on collaboratively contributing to the long-term success of US Enterprise and Cisco through the sharing of standard methodologies and becoming engaged in mentorship activities. Consistently striving to improve and reinvent yourself.
Who You Are:
- You have 8+ years of experience is highly technical, similar role
- You know how to provide high-level and detailed consultative solutions, and sales support for selected accounts.
- You understand business requirements for customer base and you can translate them into technical requirements.
- You facilitate better communications and understand customer requirements between customers, corporate and the field.
- You build, document technical solutions and present for customers, partners, and prospects.
- You drive identified account opportunities while allowing account team to maintain long-term ownership.
- You provide consultative support to Team Specialists and Systems Engineers.
- You are viewed as a leader by senior management, peers, partners and customers and you bring together product requirements from field and customer and submit findings to relevant teams.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
- Knowledge of Cloud Architectures and providers
- SDN (SD-Access, SD-WAN, ACI). Must have commercial experience and have installed a working solution.
- DNA (DNA-Centre with Fabric. Previously installed and got DNAC working, specifically implementation of a working fabric.)
- CCIE is required, Routing and Switching as we would like a general purpose
- CCIE that can cover multiple technology areas.
- Network Automation and Datacentre Technologies.
- Experience of both Linux Operating systems and Microsoft Operating Systems
- Architecture and design
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!