Corporate Strategy Senior Manager
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestBusiness Development
What You'll Do
The Corporate Strategy team is part of the Chief Strategy Office, which helps craft Cisco's business vision and strategy, partnering with Cisco's executive leadership team and senior leaders throughout the company. As a Corporate Strategy Manager:
- You will drive projects that identify and explore new technologies and business models to extend Cisco’s technology leadership and customer relevance, then lead the decision-making, execution and investments to make those opportunities a reality
- You will work closely with Cisco business units and cross-functional leadership to formulate long-term strategic priorities and plans related to e.g., organic and inorganic growth strategy, emerging industry trends, competitive dynamics, and internal business performance improvement
- You will work cross-functionally across external and internal stakeholders, partnering closely with Cisco’s product, engineering, finance, sales, marketing and other teams
- You will be expected to become an expert in Cisco’s business and have a deep understanding on the markets we serve and competitors we face
Joining the Corporate Strategy team will give you the chance to explore highly complex problems, gain insight into the strategic issues that are forefront in the minds of the executive leadership team, and build relationships with people across the entire organization.
Who You’ll Work With
Our team is part of Cisco’s Chief Strategy Office (CSO). The CSO's charter includes the ongoing development and coordination of Cisco's corporate strategies. Our team partners with senior leaders across Cisco’s product, engineering, finance, sales, marketing and other teams to craft and drive Cisco's strategy for innovation, growth, profitability and market leadership.
Who You Are
Our Minimum Requirements for this Role are:
- You hold an MBA degree from a world-class institution
- You have 4+ years of post-MBA experience in a top-tier consulting firm, corporate strategy function, or financial services field
- You possess strong analytical and financial abilities to work on complex business issues with minimum supervision
- You demonstrate strong leadership and communication skills to work with senior executives across various geographies
- You have good working knowledge of high-tech industry, with demonstrated ability to ramp up quickly in new areas
- You excel in all areas of strategy development, including project management, business analysis, problem solving, verbal and written communication, consensus building, and people development
- You demonstrate the ability to become future leaders and be successful in an unstructured, team environment
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco