Corporate Development Manager - Cybersecurity
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestBusiness Development
What You'll Do
Cisco Investments & Corporate Development drives Cisco's long-term growth strategy through acquisitions and venture capital investments. The team dedicatedly sources new opportunities, develops strategic perspectives on creative market segments, executes on M&A transactions and actively balances VC investments. We partner closely with leading startups, venture capital firms, investment banks and Cisco’s internal product and business leaders to drive the company’s long-term strategy.
Who You'll Work With
As one of the most active corporate venture investment and corporate development teams, this group actively leads a venture investment portfolio of over $2B and has led over 210 acquisitions. The small team is a strong mix of technology, strategy, and transactional expertise. This individual will join a team driving M&A and investments in Cybersecurity. You will join a high-performing team that is seen as a thought-leader and top corporate investor in the Security Sector and has generated strong returns for Cisco through its investment portfolio and acquisitions. We are looking for a dynamic teammate to accelerate our efforts in this exciting sector.
Who You Are
Corporate Development Manager is responsible for supporting acquisitions and investments for Cisco as well as guiding the strategy underlying these projects. This individual will work closely with Cisco product teams in the Security business unit as well as cross-functional leaders across the company.
- Source investment and acquisition opportunities in Security and Security Services
- Develop market landscapes and overviews of startups and incumbent players and understand internal initiatives
- Understand market and technology trends and serve as a strong partner to business unit teams
- Analyze investment and acquisition opportunities and identify key drivers and commercial assumptions
- Financially model various structures and expected returns
- Prepare and present investment and acquisition cases for review by key stakeholders
- Lead due diligence on investment and acquisition opportunities
- Assist in structuring and negotiating transactions.
- Support Board observer responsibilities on portfolio investment companies where appropriate
- Monitor portfolio, identify potential issues, drive remedial actions, and assist in structuring exits
Our Minimum Qualifications for the Role Are:
- 4+ years post MBA experience in Technology / Enterprise Software (SaaS) venture capital, corporate development, investment banking, management consulting (with deal experience) or private equity, or BS / BA with 6+ years experience in the same.
- Strong communication skills to work with senior executives across various business units and global theaters
- Structured thinker with analytical and financial skills to work on complex financial transactions with minimal supervision
- Experience building financial models and valuing companies
- Strong interpersonal skills, phenomenal teammate, and ability to drive impact across teams
Our Desired Skills Are:
- MBA from a top school preferred, along with an undergraduate degree in a quantitative field
- Venture Capital and / or M&A experience in Cybersecurity
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.