Corporate Development & Investments - Senior Manager 1286457
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestBusiness Development
What You'll Do
Cisco Investments & Corporate Development is the strategy, venture investment and M&A team within Cisco Systems. Our charter is to define corporate strategy 1-3 years out and accelerate company growth through venture investments and acquisitions. We make VC investments, acquire companies, and advise our executives on the most meaningful strategic decisions for growth and innovation.
Your responsibilities include all aspects of corporate development, including but not limited to strategy development, project management for deal sourcing and deal execution, working with internal partners as well as external venture/financial advisory and other partners.
Who You'll Work With
As one of the most active corporate venture investment and corporate development teams, this group actively manages a venture investment portfolio of over $2B and has led over 200 acquisitions. The small team has a strong mix of technology, strategy, and transactional expertise. You will join a team passionate about cloud, infrastructure software, IT Operations, and data/analytics and will work closely with Cisco product teams in the cloud and software business units as well as cross-functional leaders across the company.
Who You Are
You will be responsible for leading acquisitions and investments for Cisco as well as guiding the strategy underlying these projects. You will work closely with Cisco product teams in the cloud and software business units as well as cross-functional leaders across the company.
- Source investment and acquisition opportunities in meaningful areas, particularly related to cloud, infrastructure software, IT Operations, and data/analytics
- Develop market landscapes and overviews of startups and incumbent players and understand internal initiatives
- Develop well researched investment theses based on market and technology trends, exhibit a strong understanding of core technologies, and serve as a good partner to business unit teams
- Analyze investment and acquisition opportunities and identify key drivers and commercial assumptions
- Financially model various structures and expected returns, both for acquisition and investment purposes
- Prepare and present investment and acquisition cases to key internal partners
- Leading due diligence processes for both investment and acquisition opportunities
- Structure and negotiate transactions
Our Minimum Qualifications for the Role Are:
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in the technology industry with relevant experience in the cloud, infrastructure software, IT Operations, and data/analytics markets
- Strong experience with financial analysis, in an environment such as investment banking, VC/private equity/hedge fund, or within a mature technology company corporate development team
- Strong communication skills specifically with senior executives across various business units and global theaters
- Structured thinker with analytical and financial skills to work on complex financial transactions with minimal supervision
Our Desired Skills Are:
- MBA from a top school preferred, along with an undergraduate degree in a quantitative field (engineering preferred)
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.