Corporate Development Associate
Location:London, United Kingdom
Area of InterestBusiness Development
What You'll Do
You will work directly with the Head of Corporate Development for EMEA based in London to build an understanding of the tech ecosystem and how that fits into Cisco’s growth strategy. On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Source, screen, and propose investment, partnership, and M&A opportunities relevant to a range of Cisco businesses and technologies.
- Work closely with key constituents in the Cisco Business Units to align on strategy.
- Drive detailed technology and market analyses of key sectors.
- Develop detailed financial models including projections, valuation, and investment return analyses.
- Perform business, financial, and customer due diligence.
Who You’ll Work With
The Cisco Corporate Development team is responsible for driving Cisco's long-term growth strategy through venture capital investments and acquisitions. The team is comprised of over 40 professionals with deep market and technology expertise located in major geographies including the US, Israel, Europe, India, China, and Singapore. Having acquired more than 225 companies and invested in hundreds more across various segments, the team has unparalleled experience and visibility across the technology industry.
Who You Are
- 2-3 years of post-undergraduate high-tech deal experience at a top-tier investment bank or private equity/venture capital firm.
- Team player with exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Personal initiative, excellent judgment, and the ambition to independently source transactions.
- Proven ability to build structured quantitative analyses and financial models.
- Natural curiosity to learn technologies, business models, and industry trends.
- European languages a plus
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.