Controller/SaaS Software Support Engineer
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
While reading our job description, please remember - we understand from experience that not ticking every box on the skills sections stops many from applying. You should apply if you feel you are the right person for the job and have the aptitude to learn and deliver results :-)
What You’ll Do
At AppDynamics, our Application Intelligence Platform empowers today’s software-defined businesses with the function of proactively monitor, lead, and optimize the most complex software environments.
Software Engineers in the Support Engineering Controller/SaaS Team are responsible for diagnosing and solving complex issues in our large-scale multi-tiered SaaS solution and working with customers to provide advanced technical support thru analyzing both AppDynamics and customer code.
In our dynamic and collaborative environment, your experience and knowledge will enable you to:
- Assist clients instrument, control and debug their large multi-tiered compound applications
- Replicate customer environments and work to identify & fix the root cause or provide interim workaround as needed
- Provide Technical Action plans to take a customer issue from start to resolution
- Identify product bugs and improvements based on customer environments and work to close them
- Collate common failures and feedback into AppDynamics Product Engineering to continue to raise the bar of quality
Who You'll Work With
You will become a part of a standout technical team that cares about helping and contributing our clients to operate our software and successfully improve their return on investment.
We collaborate with the software engineering and Ops infrastructure teams of the largest companies in the world, and we are considered as a vital partner and extension to their internal teams.
Who You Are
What is required for this position:
- Software development experience in Core Java with debugging and troubleshooting
- Strong skills in troubleshooting and in Windows & Linux environments including collecting data, analyzing logs and dumps, SSL communications in a client/server environment
- Experience with relational DBs and SQL scripting
- Experience in Linux and shell scripting, bash or PowerShell
- Knowledge of configuring Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Azure and understanding networking concepts (for both Windows and Linux)
- Self-development attitude and willingness to learn new technologies
What are „nice to have” skills?
- Commercial development experience, specialist in System Design, Scalable Architecture, and Complex Open Systems. Fully understand the interaction and performance ramifications of choices of implementation patterns
- Experience in configuring Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Azure and understanding of networking concepts (for both Windows and Linux)
- Knowledge about NoSQL DBs
- Experience/knowledge in any other programming languages is a benefit
- Basing knowledge in security aspects
- Experience in providing System, OS, JVM, and application-level performance tuning guidelines
- Experience with SAML, SSO, and LDAP environments
- Validated experience working with APM tools and tuning of application performance
Why AppDynamics (Cisco)
AppDynamics is the Application Intelligence company that is part of Cisco. With AppDynamics, our customers have real-time insights into application and business performance and user behavior, so they can move faster in an increasingly complex, software-driven world. Our integrated suite of products is built on our innovative, enterprise-grade App iQ Platform that enables our customers to make faster decisions that enhance customer engagement and improve operational and business performance.
AppDynamics is uniquely positioned to enable enterprises to accelerate their digital transformations by actively monitoring, analyzing, and optimizing complex application environments at scale and in production which has led to proven success and trust with the Global 2000
Please note this posting is to advertise potential job opportunities. This exact role may not be open today but could open in the near future. When you apply, a Cisco representative may contact you directly if a relevant position opens.