Contracts Capture Manager
Location:Herndon, Virginia, US
Area of InterestBusiness Development
What You‘ll Do
As a Contracts-focused Federal Business Development Manager in the Capture Organization, you will help to identify and win major opportunities across Federal, both recompetes and net-new business.
- Build a pipeline of opportunities and contracts where a team approach and positioning will be necessary to win.
- Coordinate with Sales Management to identify opportunity priorities.
- Leverage your contract expertise to define our win targets (what winning means in a given opportunity), set the winning strategy and build a plan to execute on that strategy.
- Coordinate the execution of that strategy; building the right internal and external teams to maximize Cisco’s win chances.
- Deliver results that best position Cisco technically, contractually and profitably for the duration of the contract while supporting the customer’s mission.
- Mitigate contractual risks for Cisco and our industry partners through your contractual expertise and strategies.
- Track and report on your efforts and results both to the internal Capture Team and within the various Account Team pursuits.
- Continually optimize your approach; learning and building your relationships, your contract expertise and your processes to maximize Cisco’s chances of winning the next opportunity.
Who You'll Work With
As a Contracts-focused Business Development Manager in the Federal Capture Organization, you will closely align with the many Cisco Federal end-user Account Teams, including the account managers, regional managers and operations directors. You’ll also interface with the parallel engineering team where a specific solution is warranted.
While working with these account and engineering teams; you will concurrently work with our Federal Channel Organization as you interface with our integrator and reseller partners. In the course of winning, you will likely also work with counterparts in Legal, Finance, Services, Cisco Capital, Marketing and other Cisco groups. Often your role will include the coordination and direction of the many specialized facets of Cisco into a focused, executing and winning team.
We can only be successful together, so we emphasize a culture of helping each other, working together, winning together, and having fun together.
Who You Are
The ideal candidate possesses a diverse set of capabilities, including knowledge of the Federal IT Contract Market, an ability to build relationships in order to position Cisco and an ability to coordinate the right Cisco story with the right decision makers at the right times.
· You are proficient at building and strengthening relationships with internal teammates, Federal customers and our Federal partner companies.
· You excel when taking the lead on an opportunity pursuit effort and directing a diverse team of contributors toward the next win.
- You have a thorough understanding of IT solution selling, the business and governmental cycles and the overall federal IT contract market.
- You have experience with the FAR, solicitation processes, major IT GWAC/IDIQs, different procurement methods, competition rules, protests, small business requirements, J&As, etc… and their impact on the development of winning strategies.
- You can handle tight deadlines and challenging asks.
- You love to hunt and win. You relish the chase, the competition and the thrill of playing the ‘chess game’ to victory, particularly when that win isn’t an automatic for Cisco.
Must Have Skills
- Experience with Federal IT selling, particularly around networking, cloud and/or subscription models.
- Deep understanding of the Federal buying process and cycle, including budgetary aspects, regulatory impacts and contractual landscape.
- Expertise in turning the many federal rules, regulations and processes into differentiators and winning strategies.
· Ability to provide consultative support to the Account Teams and Sales Leadership,
· Ability to communicate, demonstrate, and provide convincing relevance for Cisco solutions.
· Clear understanding of high-level business balances between the longer-term goals and the nearer term strategies.
- BS/BA or equivalent.
- 10+ years of experience in Federal IT procurement.
· Extensive understanding of BD/Capture process.
· Experience in driving execution plans.
***Willingness and ability to travel 20-5% is expected (pending role requirements) ***
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (37 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns, and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it).
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA). We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!