Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestHuman Resources
Why you'll love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
Corporate Affairs Marketing is responsible for raising awareness about Cisco’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) work. This includes Cisco Networking Academy, our nonprofit partnerships, support of social entrepreneurs, environmental sustainability, and goal to positively impact 1 billion people by 2025.
The Corporate Affairs Marketing Content Specialist is an expert in Cisco’s Corporate Social Responsibility activities and approach. He or she can clearly and easily articulate how Cisco is a leader in CSR, and explain the company’s efforts to make a positive impact in the world.
The Content Specialist will work closely with members of Corporate Affairs to understand its programs and strategies. He or she will be able to craft compelling stories that demonstrate Cisco’s commitment and impact on people, society, and the planet.
The Content Manager will help communicate and demonstrate Cisco’s leadership in CSR to internal and external audiences.
- 3-5 years of communications or marketing experience
- Strong writing and storytelling skills (i.e., a journalist not a technical writer)
- Strong research and interview skills and a nose for news
- Experience with PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office
- Proficiency with content management systems and online publishing tools such as WordPress and Adobe Experience Manager
- Experience managing social media channels
- Excellent attention to detail and good business acumen
- Ability to work in dynamic and fast-paced environments
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects
- Ability to conduct interviews and meetings by WebEx and phone with global colleagues
- Understanding of web analytics and ability to interpret them to make informed decisions about content strategy and creation
- Develop content for websites, presentations, social media, briefing documents, videos, infographics, emails, and more
- Work with contractors, vendors, and internal teams in producing a variety of content.
- Curate content ideas from across the Corporate Affairs team, and maintain a library of current CSR story examples
- Work with other team members to maintain a repository of photos, videos, and other assets related to CSR programs
- Master Cisco editorial style guidelines and brand guidelines.
- Collaborate across other Cisco business units (social media, employee communications, digital marketing, etc.) to amplify Cisco’s CSR work.
- Maintain a clear understanding of Cisco’s CSR strategy, in particular its approach to social investments.
- Become conversant in Cisco’s CSR philosophy and the focus areas of our CSR initiatives
- Conduct research on and write about CSR initiatives, including interviewing stakeholders, and reviewing existing content
- Post content to Cisco CSR blog using Word Press
- Monitor and analyze social, blog, and website metrics, and make improvements accordingly
- Stay updated on industry trends
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.