Container Platform Development Manager
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Container Platform Development Manager
Who you will work with:
Cisco is transforming its platforms to run the next generation of cloud-native and multi-cloud services. This role offers a superb opportunity to transform how infrastructure platforms are developed and managed with full software automation. This team is responsible to develop a container platform that provides self-service provisioning and management capabilities to the application developers, and at the same time is highly available with self-healing, full lifecycle monitoring and management capabilities.
You will be part of the enterprise platform services team leading a team of infrastructure platform development engineers in evaluating and developing capabilities needed to provide a fully managed enterprise Kubernetes container platform. You will closely collaborate the site reliability engineering team, application teams, security team, and networking team partners in understanding their policies and requirements. You will also engage with the CI/CD, security and code quality metrics teams in keeping our code and third-party software components in compliance.
What you will do
You will manage a software engineering team that develops capabilities for the container platform running Cisco’s critical business applications. The software engineers, developing primarily in Golang, extend several products in the area of containerization to fit into the architecture of a managed Kubernetes platform at Cisco. These areas include container orchestration with Kubernetes, authentication, ingress, egress, service mesh with Istio, monitoring, policy management, upgrades, patching, log management, alerting, dashboards, and security. You will be working on enabling these capabilities in a multi-cloud platform.
Who you are
You are passionate about building cloud native application platforms.
You have a track record of delivering high quality software, with predictability using software prioritisation and prioritization techniques.
You have hired and developed robust software engineering teams.
You are experienced with managing team budgets, software development process, vendor engagement, and product evaluations.
You have experience shipping features in an agile development environment using either Scrum and/or Kanban.
You have good interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
Hands on experienced with Java/J2EE/Cloud native application architectures.
You have 5+ years of prior hands on software development experience in Java, C, or Golang.
Exposure with CI/CD tools and continuous integration – Jenkins, SonarQube, Git.
You enjoy doing code reviews and providing technical mentorship.
You have experience with Linux, containers, and Kubernetes.
You have experience building platform and running services in public cloud (GCP, AWS, or Azure)
You have 3+ years experience working in a technical management position.
You have a BS in Computer Science or other technical subject area
At Cisco, each person brings their rare talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things taking ambitious risks to craft the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with rare personalities who aren't afraid to change.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
- Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us!