Consulting Systems Engineer
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestNetworking, Security, Wireless, Mobility
Want to be at the forefront of the Computer Networking industry?
Who We Are
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us! By simplifying powerful technology, we can free passionate people to focus on their mission! As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products, and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality.
What You Will Do
We are looking for a “rising star” who is highly motivated, technically savvy and passionate to join Cisco’s Cloud Networking Group (CNG) as our next Consulting Sales Engineer in Columbia. In this role, the primary responsibility will be to team up with a high-performing Product Sales Specialist to carry out technical pre-sales activities. This role generally works remotely and travels up to 50% to customer sites.
- Utilize in-depth knowledge of CNG’s networking solutions and our competitors' offerings, clearly demonstrate the benefits to both prospects and partners.
- Build technical documentation for customers and perform competitive analysis regarding competing products
- Perform site surveys and provide onsite deployment assistance on large deployments
- Provide technical mentorship to channel partners and assist them in successfully selling the Cisco Meraki solution
Who You Are
The Meraki technology expert developing the projects, architecting secure WiFi networks, compound switching, IoT and security architectures for retail, manufacturing, financial and public sector customers in the country. This role is unique in the sense that you will have to present creative solutions to complex problems, using not only technical skills but by understanding in depth customer’s business. Part of the role will also include technical enablement of Systems Engineer peers and pre-sales engineers from Cisco Partners.
- We require 5-7 years of direct customer-facing experience in pre-sales (solutions architect, systems engineer, sales engineer, etc) or in tier-1 technical support
- BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering or related subject area
- One of more of CCIE, CCNP, CWNP, CWDP, CCNA, CISSP certifications
- WLAN technologies including 802.11ax, BLE and Hotspot 2.0
- Understand wireless security methodologies, including 802.1x w/ RADIUS integration
- Multi-site campus LAN and network design
- Routing and switching; expert level knowledge of L2 and L3 protocols
- Security architecture; VPN and next-generation firewalls
- Experienced knowledge of REST APIs and a Python scripting
- Knowledge of sales cycle, strong verbal and written communication skills, and validated negotiation techniques
- Positive relationship building skills, tenacity, resilience, presentation skills and interpersonal skills with the ability to multi-task and set priorities.
Please submit resume/CV in English
Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.