Consulting Systems Engineer
Location:Offsite, Ohio, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestNetworking, Security, Wireless, Mobility
Want to be at the forefront of the Computer Networking industry!
Who We Are
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us! By simplifying powerful technology, we can free passionate people to focus on their mission. As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products, and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality.
What You Will Do
We are looking for a “rising star” who is highly motivated, technically savvy and passionate to join Cisco’s Cloud Networking Group (CNG) as our next Consulting Sales Engineer. In this role, your primary responsibility will be to team up with a Product Sales Specialist and perform technical pre-sales activities for new and existing opportunities. You will be based in your home office with frequent travel to regional Cisco offices and customer sites.
- Utilize your in-depth knowledge of CNG’s networking solutions and our competitors' offerings, you will clearly demonstrate the benefits to both prospects and partners.
- Build product documentation for customers and perform competitive analysis regarding competing products
- Perform site surveys and provide onsite deployment assistance on large deployments
- Provide technical mentorship to channel partners and assist them in successfully selling the Cisco Meraki solution
- We highly use our pre-sales engineers, which means you have the chance to create excellent money while contributing to the success of the entire organization
Who You Are
You act as the technical subject matter authority, thoroughly understanding products, features, functions, and benefits while being able to communicate to all level customers. Understand customer requirements for wireless networks and explain how Cisco Meraki will integrate with current infrastructure, as well as service future needs
- Experienced knowledge of 802.11a/b/g/n wireless networks, site surveys, requirements gathering, deployment challenges
- Strong understanding of wired networks, including firewalls, content filters, routing/switching, VLAN's, etc
- Understand wireless security methodologies, including 802.1x w/ RADIUS integration
- Consistent track record of 5-10 years in a pre-sales technical role (solutions architect, systems engineer, sales engineer, etc)
- Knowledge of sales cycle, strong verbal and written communication skills, and validated negotiation techniques
- Great relationship building skills, resourcefulness, resilience, presentation skills and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- CCIE, CWNP, CWDP, CCNA preferred
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering or related field
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. Position does not provide sponsorship
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.