Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Alternate LocationAnywhere - USA, East Coast hours
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
High Level Role Description
- Drives technology design, implementation, execution and/or optimization for customer projects/accounts.
- Works with customers to plan, design, configure and/or diagnose Cisco’s suite of products, services and solutions to accelerate customer outcomes
- Assists customers with integration and implementation of tools, systems and service assurance
- Supports presale activities and translate business requirements into solution design
- Builds customer simulations in test labs to resolve/validate complex problems and compatibility issues
- Creates and delivers customer collateral, portals, documentation and knowledge transfer
- Aligns technical deliverables to customer business outcomes
- Drives customer technology transitions, influencing solution architectures and services
- Complies with and supports company policies and processes and utilizes relevant tools to effectively execute the role and support Professional Services’ strategies and goals
- Individual contributor
Decision Making / Impact
Decisions impact the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of own team and other teams whose work activities are closely related, including cross-functional teams.
Ability to understand and communicate project scope and map it to customer business goals and objectives.
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Works extensively with customers along with appropriate internal and external resources (e.g. Cisco account teams, partners) on the strategy/deployment/optimization of Cisco services and solutions.
- Takes leadership role in execution of delivery projects.
- Improves solutions and methods developed in the field for use to the wider practice (knowledge sharing).
- Creates, reviews and approves project deliverables e.g. Design recommendations, High Level Design, Low Level Design, Implementation/ Change Management Plans.
- Builds and/or leverage test environments as required to resolve highly complex problems and compatibility issues
- Leverages software skills and tools to configure, deploy and/or troubleshoot Cisco products and solutions. Contributes in the development of digital intellectual capital (e.g. scripts, digital signatures).
- Acts as a focal point for problem resolution for assigned customer engagements. Assures proper and quick resolution of complex customer problems across a broad range of technologies.
Collaborates with other Consulting Engineers in appropriate technology domains to ensure optimal use of resources to meet customer needs.
Typically interacts with individual contributors, managers, and interfaces with customers regularly
Collaborates with Sales Team in creating and demonstrating technology solutions to customers.
Engages with sales teams on pre-sales activities.
Solves highly complex problems and is able to identify viable and often innovative options, and uses analytical skills and judgment to recommend an appropriate solution
Independently applies known solutions and templates to complete deliverables. Leads in creating and delivering consulting recommendations to the customer. Identifies and initiates the collaboration for problems of diverse scope and complexity. Creates templates, intellectual capital, and standardized materials for future reuse and delivery.
- Typically requires BSc Computer Science or equivalent plus 5-8 years of relevant work experience. Advanced degree strongly preferred.
- Expert level (e.g. CCIE) or equivalent relevant certification desired.
- Has working knowledge of software programmability, automation, orchestration and/or virtualization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and presentation skills. Ability to function in ambiguous circumstances. Possesses customer consulting skills including ability to build relationships with customers, engineers, managers level & above.
- Demonstrates expertise on broad range of technologies and delivery methods.
Leadership / Autonomy
Receives limited supervision. Determines methods and procedures on new assignments. Provides guidance and mentoring to other engineers. Translates worldwide team goals into own work assignments.
Full trusted advisor & mentor. Involved in strategic projects with high visibility. The emphasis is on complexity, active participant/initiator and leader.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.