Service Provider Consulting Engineer
Location:Mexico City, Mexico
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestNetworking, Service Provider
The Business Entity
Cisco Customer Experience (CX) team seeks Consulting Engineers to join some of the industry’s best thinkers in developing and deploying today’s most Professional Service Provider networking technologies.
In this role, you will gain insight on the detailed functionality of the wide variety of Cisco products and technologies; from Core Service Provider routing and Switching to Integration with Cisco automation, orchestration suites in Service Provider core, aggregation, and access. You will learn how to achieve customer success by combining these technologies with industry-leading tools and Processes.
Role & Responsibilities
- Performs analysis and diagnosis of complex IP/MPLS network which involved routing (OSPF, ISIS, BGP), IPv6, Inter-AS routing, QoS, Multicast, MPLS, L3VPN, L2VPN.
- Builds simulated networks in test labs to resolve highly complex problems and compatibility issues.
- Lead design workshop and conduct detailed design of complex IP MPLS networks for green field as well as Migration of existing production network to new network.
- Interpret client needs, assess the full requirements, and identify suitable solutions.
- Input to cost/timescale solutions/options and manage expectations as appropriate with the customer.
- Support on the service delivery and network solution implementation.
- Provide support and troubleshooting service for the network infrastructure related incidents and problems.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent
- Own 5 years IP/Networking, routing protocols or relevant experience
- Have strong communication skills, both oral and written
- 4+ years’ experience in at least 3 (three) of the following SP-focused technologies: Routing Protocols, Multicast, MPLS, Quality of Service, L2VPN and L3VPN
- CCNP Certified (recent)
- Prior direct customer support experience is required.
- IOS XR experience
- English Intermediate
- CCIE written in RS or SP
- Programming skills (Python, Ruby, C, C++, Linux, Shell Scripting)
- NCS5500, CRS-1, CRS-3, ASR9K
- Other vendor knowledge: Juniper, Huawei or Alcatel
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.