Location:Feltham, United Kingdom
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Technology InterestNetworking, Security
While reading our job description, please remember - we understand from experience that not ticking every box on the skills sections stops many from applying. You should apply if you feel you are the right person for the job and have the aptitude to learn and deliver results 🙂
What You’ll Do
- The CX Consulting Engineer (CE) role is a technical consulting specialist that engages with customers to accelerate their adoption of Cisco products & solutions that transform their business and drive business outcomes. The role resides within the Cisco Customer Experience (CX) organisation, one of Cisco’s fastest growing teams
- Work with customers to plan, design, configure and / or diagnose Cisco’s suite of products, services and solutions to accelerate customer outcomes
- Assist customers with integration and implementation of tools, systems and service assurance
- Support presale activities and translate business requirements into solution design
- Build customer simulations in test labs to resolve/validate complex problems and compatibility issues
- Build and deliver customer collateral, portals, documentation and knowledge transfer
- Align technical work to customer business outcomes
- Drive customer technology transitions, influencing solution architectures and services
- Align with and support company policies and processes and use relevant tools to effectively implement the role and support Professional Services’ strategies and goals
- Individual contributor
Who you’ll work with
- The CX Consulting Engineer (CE) works with customers from varying industries along with appropriate internal and external resources (e.g. Cisco account teams, partners) on the strategy / deployment / optimisation of Cisco services and solutions.
- Who You Are
- You will have shown experience and knowledge of Routing & Switching (OSPF, BGP, IS-IS, MPLS and VxLAN EVPN). Also you will have some demonstrable experience and knowledge of Data Centre migrations applying Cisco technologies (ACI, HyperFlex). You will have a solid ability to work independently as well as within a full team of multi-functional resources, with a customer obsessed mentality and a strong grasp of relevant success stories, customer metrics, and standard methodologies to drive outstanding outcomes.
- Typically requires BSc Computer Science or equivalent plus demonstrable years of relevant work experience. Degree strongly preferred
- CCNA, CCNP or equivalent relevant certification desired
- Demonstrable knowledge of software programmability, automation, orchestration and / or virtualization
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to function in ambiguous circumstances. Possesses customer consulting skills including ability to establish relationships with customers, engineers, managers level & above
- Demonstrate understanding of broad range of technologies and delivery methods.
- 3 years of solid experience building, maintaining, and scaling IaaS and container-hosting platforms
- Experience with container configuration management service products like Openshift, Kubernetes, and Docker
- Exposure to virtualization, storage and networking (network layers, DNS, load balancing)
- Applicable skills with building and maintaining Redhat or Centos Linux
- Familiarity with tools like Elasticsearch, Logstash, Nagios, Grafana, Graphite, InfluxDB, StatsD, and CollectD
- Prior experience with software development tools like Git, Gerrit, Spinnaker, and Jenkins
- Experience with configuration automation using Ansible
- Broad understanding of public cloud infrastructure platforms like AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Knowledge in software development lifecycle including design, development, testing, packaging, deployment, upgrade and support
- Knowledge of continuous integration (CI) and continuous development (CD) pipelines
- We understand from experience that not ticking every box on the skills section stops many from applying. You should apply if you feel you are the right person for the job and have the ability to learn and deliver results!
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.