Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
What you’ll do
- Demonstrate thought leadership in solving customer pain points and achieving their business outcomes
- Establish trusted advisor relationship with customer management and teams focused on SDWAN
- Provide Planning, Designing, Implementation, Operation, and Optimization services to Cisco Professional Services Customers around Cisco’s Enterprise Networking products and related solutions (SDWAN)
- Guide other consultants and engineers, resolving challenges and ensuring customer success
- Take a leadership role in the execution of delivery projects and interactions with the team
- Acts as the technical specialist for the most complex deployments
- Align technical deliverables to customer business outcomes
- As a note, post-COVID-19, there may be the need for travel at times but it will be limited
Who you will work with
As a Consulting Engineer, you will work extensively with customers along with appropriate internal and external resources (e.g. Cisco account teams, partners) on the strategy/deployment/optimization of Cisco services and solutions concerning SDWAN. You will also work with your teammates and peers across geographic locations and organizations such as TTG and Theater to collaborate on training needs, standardization, and more.
Based in the RTP CX Center, Cisco's Customer Experience (CX) team is one of the highest growing areas at Cisco. Passionate about the management and automation of customer’s hybrid IT, consultants work with some of the largest and thought-leading customers in the world. This Professional Services group helps build solutions, optimize networks, lead implementations, and enables customer self-sufficiency on best-in-class Cisco software products. Our team focuses on emerging technologies such as SDWAN, DNA, and SDA.
Who you are
You're the connection to Cisco customers and will build relationships while solving issues, managing expectations, and leaving the customer feeling valued.
You are someone who is continually developing your knowledge of networking products and protocols to provide support in your designated technology focus area. You're able to explain technical issues and present information in a concise manner to both technical and non-technical personnel.
You love sharing knowledge to build relationships, and effectively solve problems both alone and as part of a team. You have the confidence and ability to lead customer interactions and assist teammates as needed.
- You have a degree in a technical field with 3+ years experience in a technical or customer-facing role
- CCIE or Professional Level CCxP desired
- Proven understanding and experience with SDWAN(Viptela)
- Knowledge/experience with Professional Services offerings
- Strong communication, presentation, and consulting skills
- Dedication and the resourcefulness to resolve complex technical problems, multitask, and be dedicated to customer success
*** Candidates must be a US Citizen***
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!