Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Technology InterestInternet of Everything, Networking
Why You’ll Love Cisco
Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant than ever before in our lives. Our employees' revolutionary ideas impact everything imaginable - from entertainment, retail, healthcare, and education, to public and private sectors, smart cities, smart cars, and everyday devices in our homes. Here, that means you’ll take creative ideas from the drawing board to powerful solutions that have real world impact. You’ll interface with Cisco leaders, partner with experienced mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You’ll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you’ll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be inspired.
As a Customer Experience Consulting Engineer, you will work on leading-edge technology with a keen focus on enabling Cisco’s global customers to achieve successful business outcomes. You will collaborate with and learn from industry-leading engineers. At Cisco, we value your ideas and perspective. We encourage you to innovate and push boundaries. You will join a cohort of engineers to build your technical expertise, learn Cisco specific technologies and how to build a positive experience for our customers.
You will make a proven impact on network infrastructure and solutions like SDN, SDWAN, ACI, Data Center, Cloud, Automation & Orchestration. Customer Experience covers the full customer life-cycle experience. This opening is for the Professional Services.
What You'll Do
Focuses on customer engagements that include plan, design, implementation, optimization & automation services
· Consult with customers to identify problems and build the best solutions
· Review network requirements and contribute for design validation, network OS certification, new feature validation, automation of the complex network problem troubleshooting procedures etc
· Build and maintain relationships with a wide range of customers
· May require travel to customer sites (amount of travel varies with the role and technology)
· Bachelor of Engineering or Technology with a minimum of 3+ years of experience in designing, deploying, operating and managing scalable DC network infrastructure
· Experience in Cloud Solutions; AWS, Azure, GCP. Cloud Certification is preferred.
· Strong DC network technology skills with experience in using Python and Ansible
· Experience on managing and supporting large scale DC networking technologies
· Experience In technologies like SDN, SDWAN, Next-Gen DC, ACI Multisite/Multipod, Fabric Path, VXLAN, DCNM, Intersight, Unified Compute, HyperFlex, VMware, application Firewall, etc.
· Working experience with HW/Platform: Nexus Switches, IOS-XR, IOS-XE, IOS, Cisco ASR, High level understanding of private/public cloud
· Familiarity with Devnet, DevOps principles, Comfortable with Agile practices, software engineering, read and understand the code/ APIs, etc.
· Good working understanding of Unix/Linux
Our desired skills include:
· Passionate, persuasive, charismatic thought leader capable of quickly establishing executive interest in Cisco services by articulating the value and business advantage of Cisco’s network migration services.
· A self-driven individual with the curiosity to learn, work in a fast-paced changing environment, evolve continuously to keep pace with the Cisco’s solutions, technologies and industry trends, be an inspiration and trend setters for others.
· High-level, out-of-the-box thinking, analytical reasoning, and creative problem-solving skills with the ability to convert thoughts to real and pragmatic execution
• Knowledge in routing, switching, data center networking, virtualization, mobility, wireless, unified communications, business video, security, or software defined networking
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.