Location:Dalian, Liaoning, China
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
What You’ll do:
Individual will be expected to work closely with technology groups, solution engineers, system integrators, and
project teams to design, build, test and deploy Wireless (Wifi) solutions for Enterprise and Service Provider customers in the area of High Density Wireless, SP-Wifi, and Wi-Fi Management. Assist in design and development of consulting service products that can be consistently delivered either exclusively by Cisco Services or leveraging Partners where necessary.
Role requires one to maintain subject matter expertise with Cisco Wireless LAN products and management solutions in order to consult on the plan, design and implementation of the product as well as deploy, operate and troubleshoot the products as required by the customer engagement. This subject matter expertise includes understanding the
technology managed by the product(s). Individual will interact between various Cisco business units, Cisco Partners and the Cisco Services organization including technical support, sales, account management, etc to carry out the assigned project tasks effectively.
The Network Consulting Engineer may perform any of the following roles depending on specific engagement:
Hands-on RF pre-deployment site survey, post-deployment RF verification, building of lab model environment and designing customer demos; Ability to configure tools, toolsets, develop test cases, configure and run tests, and document results; High Level design, Implementation and Test Plan creation, Resolve most complex problems and compatibility issues, and manage service/project issues (as needed); Serve as the technical specialist/lead for most complex high density wireless environment related systems.
Who you will work with:
Advance Delivery Centers (ADC) provides flexible and innovative ways to help meet customer needs while improving profitability for Advanced Services (AS) delivery teams. ADC’s highly technical global resources support customer engagements in all theaters acting as a seamless delivery partner to AS practice and theater teams.
ADCs are located in strategic regions around the globe - Bangalore, Dalian, Mexico City, Krakow and Raleigh (RTP) - enabling a more consistent and relevant customer experience across barriers of time zone, language and local regulations. They are looking for high skilled engineers to work across all cisco architectures like Borderless networks, Collaboration, Datacenter/ Virtualization, Mobility, Video, NGN & OSS
Who you are:
10+ years of experience in networking environments is required. In addition, exposure to Cisco’s products, 3rd party Wireless products, 3rd party Wireless intrusion detection and prevention solution, 3rd party wireless location solutions, RF survey tools, RF performance management tools, Service management solutions would be extremely valuable.
Candidate must be highly motivated individual willing to travel. Work location is Bangalore. The position may require monthly travel of one week per month average.The candidate should be a self-starter who is internally motivated and strives for technical excellence. S/he enjoys customer interaction and travel, expects to spend up to 20% of their time in the lab and has deep RF and Wireless analytical skills. Individuals in this position will need to be goal oriented and expected to own/drive relationships with the co-team members, engineering business units.
Education: Typically requires BS/BE/ME/MS University degree or equivalent plus 5+ years’ experience in network engineering or telecommunications support environment. Advanced degree strongly preferred.
- Experience with networking technology. Experience with LAN Switching & Routing, WLAN.
- Sound experience with RF site survey
- Understanding of WLAN protocols and adjacent technologies
- 5+ years of implementation and delivery experiences in networking and solutions in support of
IP based networks, preferably in a Professional Services (PS) capacity. Previous customer facing responsibilities are a must
- Exceptional communication (written, verbal and presentation) skills
- Experience with Deep understanding of Cisco network elements, Wireless Controllers & Access Points
- Certification on Cisco technologies like CCIE, CCNP, CCNA desired.
- Demonstrated abilities to juggle simultaneous work tasks ranging from system/solution integration to complex
technical issues dealing with protocols, Access Points and other technical area
- Experience with Cisco and Third Party network elements, Routers, Wireless LAN controllers, Access Points and network management products desired
- Familiarity with RF site survey tools like Airmagnet, Ekahau
- Experience of WAN location-based solutions, concepts, architecture, and implementation
- Good knowledge of Cisco CMX, Hyper-location, BLE products/technologies and applications or equivalent 3rd party solutions
- Exposure to Wired networks and Network Security design and implementation
- Ability to work with the technical ambiguity and demonstrate value to the client
- Scripting skills (Perl, shell-scripting, XML, etc.). Experience with programming to Application Programming
Interfaces desired but not mandatory
- Experience in RF Design for Enterprise, Hi-Density, Industrial Environments
- RF Design, RF Tools (Air magnet, Ekahau), Hi-Density RF Design
- WLC (Wireless LAN Controllers), Access Points (AP), MSE, CMX, Prime Infrastructure (PI)
- CWNA, CWSP (vendor neutral)
- CCNA, CCNP, CCIE (Wireless)
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.