Location:Atlanta, Georgia, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Why you'll love Cisco
We change the World; you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You'll Do
You will provide support to one of our large Retail customers in testing, verification of solutions, programming for automation, along with hands on support as technologies are being deployed.
- Facilitate assessments of the customer’s network utilizing our toolset.
- Provide standard methodologies consulting to remediate findings.
- Support testing and validation of solutions and software strategies, configure devices, and fix errors.
- Work with account team and their strategy for account growth – both product and services provide insight to the customer’s buying strategy and initiatives.
- Demonstrated consulting skills and customer facing experience which should include working with the Senior Leadership Team where required and other customer teams.
- Be an experienced level command of IOS and lead technical discussions about features and functionality of projects and immediately turn that around into reality for the customer.
- Prior demonstrated experience working with minimal direct supervision. Effectively work on your own and engage the team when required to meet the customer’s needs and providing work as required on time.
- CCIE is highly desirable, or demonstrated equivalent experience in any one of the specialties listed
- Typically requires BS/CS/Business or equivalent plus 6-8 years’ experience in a network engineering, telecommunications support environment or internetworking
- Programming capabilities – Python, Perl, Expect, Shell, etc.
Who You'll Work With?
You will work alongside and among a mature, knowledgeable, creative team. This team prides itself on supporting each other and sharing their knowledge helping each other grow in their development.
Who You Are?
- Experienced in providing complex design recommendations integrating new features and new applications to Senior Leadership Teams.
- Have Route/Switch advanced knowledge and experience with the following areas: Cisco Routing & Switching Platforms, Datacenter Switching Platforms, IP Routing, Internetworking, MPLS, LAN Switching, Multicast, Route Redistribution, SD -WAN (a must)
- Familiarity with features, examples include: MPLS (L2/L3 VPN/VRF-Lite) and MPLS-TE, BGP, ISIS, OSPF, EIGRP, inter-as, QoS, Ipv6, IP SLAs, RPVST+, MST, PIM, DMVPN, GETVPN, NetFlow, PfR
- Understand Data Center Networking, such as Nexus or UCS.
- Understand Cisco’s data center technologies and how to successfully configure these devices to implement various forms and versions of the cloud, including Nexus, NAS, and Virtualization
- vPC, fabricpath, STP
- Data Center Layer 2 overlays for example VXLAN, OTV, EVPN
- Network management protocols for example PTP, NTP, DNS, DHCP
- Traffic management for example queuing, policing, shaping
- Layer 2 security features such as, port security, MACsec, ACL, private vlans
- Routing Protocols and features for example OSPF, ISIS, MBGP, IBGP, PBR, BFD
- Layer 3 Overlay OTV, LISP
- Multicast PIM, IGMP, RP, BSR
- Layer 3 security CoPP, ACL's, DAI, ip source guard
- Monitoring services for example Netflow
- Policy driven External Fabric Connectivity for example L2/L3 connectivity Security:
- You have advanced knowledge and experience with the following areas: System Hardening and Availability, Threat Identification and Mitigation, Intrusion Prevention and Content Security, Identity Management, ASA Firewall/VPN, IOS Firewall and Confidentiality and Secure Access (PKI, IKE, RSA, etc.)
- Perform analysis and diagnosis of complex networking, security, or collaboration problems
- Build simulated networks in test labs to resolve problems and compatibility issues
- Part of the Virtual Teams
- Provides ad hoc systems/product training
- Generates reusable Intellectual Capital
- Has experience with ISE, FirePower, StealthWatch, ASA, Firewall and/or IPS
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to craft the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with rare personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired strong performers. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We are Cisco.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)