Location:Reading, United Kingdom
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center, Networking, Service Provider, Software Development, Testing, Wireless, Mobility
Who You'll Work With
Solution Validation Services, as part of Cisco Customer Experience supports our clients and end users with unique validation of scaled pre deployment or network migration services. Tailored increasingly towards SDN technologies such as ACI, NFV, Cloud, SDA, SDWAN Cisco’s Investment in SVS labs globally provides a platform for scaled validation of such technologies. Gaining industry recognition for quality and transforming our clients network deployment experience while giving a rewarding environment to both learn and grow new skills
What You'll Do
You will join a team of Test Engineers and Test Managers to support test and validation for large worldwide recognized Customers in various industries (or verticals)
You’ll need to be ready to collaborate with end customers, sales, services and development engineering, acting as a bridge between them while supporting each groups priorities. Understand complex designs and configurations, detail test requirements and seamless reporting.
This role will require you to:
- Work within a team of test engineers to perform test and validation activities
- Contribute to discussions to detail requirements and architecture, test plans with test cases
- Design, build and configure test bed topologies
- With a strong understanding drive industry standard & proprietary test tools
- Troubleshoot issues and drive them to resolution.
- Compile and present detailed client reports for test results
Who You Are
- Minimum CCNA level, ideally DC and/or SP
Should have experience in at least two of the following technologies
- Security (Access control, Posture, Encryption Cyber, DDoS)
- SP core routing (MPLS WAN)
- NFV and SD-WAN technologies
- Enterprise or SP DC (switching & Compute, Cloud / ACI)
- Scripting (Python)
- Test tools knowledge(Ixia IX-Load IX-Network / Spirent Test Center)
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!