Location:Pune, Maharashtra, India
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
What you’ll do:
You'll be required to perform the duties of Network Consulting Engineer which include but not limited to below:
- Knowledge in (1) platform area specific to customer space and in (2) of the following and strong knowledge in all other areas: IP internetworking, LAN Switching, Routing, ATM & Voice technologies, IP Telephony, SAN, CDN, Optical, Wireless, IPCC. WAN protocols (Frame Relay, ISDN). IP Routing protocols (IGRP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP).
- Performs technical support functions on problem resolution in support of major account under direction of delivery manager or Senior NCE in conformance to service delivery standards.
- Use of AS tools for effective execution of NOS work you're doing
- Knowledgeable in (1) or more of: IP Internetworking LAN switching, IP routing and WAN technologies.
- Knowledge of network management, network availability & capacity planning
Who you will work with:
Advance Delivery Centers (ADC) provides flexible and innovative ways to help meet customer needs while improving profitability for Advanced Services (AS) delivery teams. ADC’s highly technical global resources support customer engagements in all theaters acting as a flawless delivery partner to AS practice and theater teams.
The CITT – Network Migrations team in Dalian ADC focusses on Routing & Switching solutions and technologies to help customers Plan, build, deploy and migrate networks. We need a creative problem solver, comfortable with challenging the status quo and rapidly responding to customers’ demands to deploy and support Cisco’s newest technologies and products. With a seasoned mix of broad networking knowledge and specific area expertise, you're well positioned to become a trusted advisor, capable of building solid, long-term relationships with customers. You will be encouraged to continuously improve your skills and expertise to lead the technology/solution
Who you are
- Experience on product lines like CRS-1/CRS-3/CRS-X, GSR 12000, 7600, ASR9K/ASR1K, 7200, Catalyst 6500/4500/3850 . Engineer must be very experienced in using the latest ASR9K line cards and must have internal product and/or Architecture knowledge.
- Nexus 7K/5K/2K product lines will be plus.
- Essential Skills on Carrier Ethernet/Metro Ethernet Design/Integration/Implementation with hands-on experience on Cisco (ASR9K, ASR 901/902/920, ME 34xx)
- Good Implementation /Support in Layer 2 of Metro-Ethernet services on a hybrid network comprising of Cisco ASR9K/7609's
- Working knowledge and experience BGP, OSPF, ISIS, IP/MPLS, QoS, MPLS Traffic Engineering, IPv6, Multicast is a must.
- Typical Work includes customer audits, config translations & features; Automated/Scripted discovery audit & data validation of connected/end devices; Optional Lab testing / validation services for service/feature interop.
- Engineer must have at least 1000+ hours of migration windows and network migration projects, On-site or Remote migration support ; High-level methodologies, MOP generation & As-Built documentation
- Fully audit & own configuration translations services & ensure service readiness for migrations.
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Experience Implementing /Supporting Layer 2, Layer 3 implementations will be key.
- Must have hands-on experience of 4-6 yrs on Cisco(CSCO).
- Must have good technical writing skills
- Skills and experience in working independently, determining methods and procedures.
- Prefer at least 4-6 years of relevant experience with undergrad degree in Engineering and/or IT areas
- CCNP R&S/SP desired, CCIE Preferred.
- Deep Hands-on experience in Installation, Configuration, implementation and troubleshooting and/or Network Solution crafting of Cisco Routers and switches.
- Ambitious Certifications and knowledge (Juniper, Alcatel/Lucent) a definite plus.
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are hiring teams that are fast-growing our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Invent crafting unprecedented disruption. Your groundbreaking ideas will affect everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a phenomenal Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.