Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
What You'll Do
You'll be required to perform the duties of Network Consulting Engineer which include but not limit to the below:
- Provide planning, Designing and Implementation services to Cisco’s Advanced Services Customers.
- Participates in or leads complex network migrations projects from Cisco to Cisco or any competitive platforms to Cisco.
- Delivers migration plans, with a detailed understanding of network, customers change management processes, migration processes and related dependencies.
- Work closely with project manager on the engagement to ensure compliance to set processes, weekly progress and status checks, ongoing communications and meetings and drive technical leadership and solutions & deliverables discussions with the customers.
- Mentor, coach and guide other consultants and engineers on the project to enable them for delivery.
- Work with the sales and regional teams to participate and drive the preparation of proposals and Statements of Work. Identify & influence additional business opportunities in collaboration with sales team by demonstrating knowledge of customer’s network, challenges and future plans.
- Ensure smooth closure of engagements using relationship with the customer and guide them to the next steps.
Who You'll Work With
Advance Delivery Centers (ADC) provides flexible and innovative ways to help meet customer needs while improving profitability for Advanced Services (AS) delivery teams. ADC’s highly technical global resources support customer engagements in all theaters acting as a seamless delivery partner to AS practice and theater teams.
The CITT – Network Migrations team in Dalian ADC focusses on Routing & Switching solutions and technologies to help customers Plan, build, deploy and migrate networks. We need a creative problem solver, comfortable with challenging the status quo and rapidly responding to customers’ demands to deploy and support Cisco’s latest technologies and products. With a seasoned mix of broad networking knowledge and specific area expertise, you're well positioned to become a trusted advisor, capable of building solid, long-term relationships with customers. You will be encouraged to continuously improve your skills and expertise to lead the technology/solution
Who You Are
Our minimum qualifications include:
- Strong knowledge and expertise of below Cisco’s products and technologies is required
- Cisco Products : Minimum 2 products : Cisco CRS Routers, Cisco ASR routers, Nexus, 6500, ISR routers, Enterprise switches, Cisco 7000 series routers, NCS 6000
- Technologies : LAN Switching, Layer 2 WAN technologies, BGP, OSPF, ISIS, IP/MPLS, QOS, Traffic engineering, Multicast, QOS, Layer2/3 VPNs , IPv6, Metro Ethernet services, VPLS, VPRN on a hybrid network comprising of Cisco and competitive platforms.
- Hands-on experience in installation, configuration, testing and troubleshooting and/or Network solution crafting of Cisco routers and switch.
High-reaching Knowledge :
- Hands-on and troubleshooting on any of the below third party products
- Prior experience of conducting customer workshops, High level and low level network design experience would be preferred.
- Scripting knowledge on Python, Pearl would be highly preferred.
Soft Skills :
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, ability to communicate technology strategy and architecture approach to engineers, executives, and Cisco customers.
- Strong consulting & client-facing skills to include cross-functional influence, external and internal consulting/partnering.
Our desired skills include:
- Requires BS/BE/B.Tech degree or equivalent plus 8+ years of related experience in IT industry
- Proficient in Japanese or Korean
- Certifications Preferred – CCIE (Preferred), CCIP, CCNA, CCNP (Plus)
- Hardworking, persuasive, credible inspiring leader capable of quickly establishing executive interest in Cisco services by articulating the value and business advantage of Cisco’s network migration services.
- An ambitious individual with the curiosity to learn, work in a fast paced changing environment, evolve continuously to keep pace with the Cisco’s solutions, technologies and industry trends, be an encouragement and trend setters for others.
- High-level, out-of-the-box thinking, analytical reasoning, and creative problem solving skills with the ability to convert thoughts to real and pragmatic execution
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are establishing teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Conceptualize creating unprecedented disruption. Your groundbreaking ideas will affect everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a phenomenal Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We adopt digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) And only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break, and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take ambitious steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.