Service Provider Network Consulting Engineer - NATO Security Clearance
Location:Oeiras, Lisboa, Portugal
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestNetworking, Security, Service Provider
Who We Are
Customer Experience team is a team of premier technical specialists whose main focus is to help customers deploy and operate their networks effectively while delivering the best possible customer experience. Our success is validated through great financial results, increasing customer satisfaction metrics, and industry recognition and employee satisfaction scores.
What You’ll Do
Cisco Professional Services is part of the Cisco Customer Experience (CX) organization. We are the advocates for Cisco customers. It is our mission to accelerate customer success by helping customers optimize their network investment and speed adoption and migration of advanced technologies.
With a seasoned mix of broad networking knowledge and specific area expertise, as well as excellent Customer relationship skills, you will:
- Manage and optimize existing customer Environments;
- Provide critical recommendations to enable our customers retaining their competitive edge;
- Identify and support customers business needs and expected outcomes;
- Design and implement complex solutions for Cisco’s valued customers;
- Plan and document highly complex Upgrade and Migration activities across multiple Cisco technologies;
- Build simulated networks in test labs to proof exciting new solutions;
- Work in larger virtual teams spanning functions, regions and departments;
- Contribute to the future growth and success of the Customer Experience Center.
Who You’ll Work With
You will be working in a highly diverse team responsible for the delivery of implementation and optimisation solutions focused on (but not restricted to) Service Providers in the EMEAR region. The selected candidate will deliver both traditional and cutting-edge technologies, solutions and services Cisco’s customers need to improve and manage their networks. In this role, you will be "Cisco's face to the customer," working in a fast-paced, high-impact environment as a visible contributor delivering on our commitments, building relations and supporting customers business. The ideal candidate is a creative problem solver, comfortable with challenging the status quo and rapidly responding to escalated issues.
Who You Are
- Typically requires a university degree equivalent along with 5+ years of experience in network engineering or telecommunications support environment;
- Strong consulting skills, understanding customer needs and professional medium and large-scale networks requirements;
- You should have experience in deploying & supporting Cisco Service Provider and Routing and Switching Solutions based on the following technologies: IP internetworking, Routing protocols (MPLS, OSPF, EIGRP, IS-IS, BGP, Multicast),Cisco ASR 1000, ASR 9000, CRS, Catalyst 7600 and NCS platforms (or competitor equivalent)IOS-XR, XE and IOS operating systems;
- Working with complex projects;
- Troubleshooting medium and large scale networks;
- Driving value-add from interactions with Cisco’s Customers;
- Ability to transfer business needs to technical solutions;
- Understanding of network operations and change management process;
- Motivation to face customers, provide recommendations and network health check reports;
- CCIE certified or equivalent knowledge;
- Availability to travel to customer locations in the EMEAR region;
- Any knowledge of Python, Java and other programming and scripting would be advantageous;
- NATO security clearance is a MUST requirement for this position (mandatory).
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.