Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
What you will do:
Migration team in the GDC focusing on all SP and Enterprise technologies as a Consulting Engineer, Services. We need a creative problem solver, comfortable with challenging the status quo and rapidly responding to escalated issues. With a top-tier mix of broad and deep networking knowledge and specific area expertise, as well as excellent Customer Relationship Management skills, you're well positioned to become advisor capable of building solid, long-term relationships with customers. If you have third party (non-cisco) knowledge then it is a definite plus.
Who you will work with:
The Global Delivery Center provides flexible and innovative ways to help meet customer needs while improving profitability for Customer Experience (CX) delivery teams. GDC’s highly technical, global resources support customer engagements in all theaters acting as a seamless delivery partner to AS practice and theatre teams.
These capabilities expand Cisco's technical reach across all Cisco architectures. Through our network of Global Delivery Centers (GDCs) we enable delivery of innovative services and solutions. Our reciprocal delivery model drives scalability, efficiency and innovation across the AS organization.
GDCs are located in strategic regions around the – Bangalore, Pune, Dalian (China), Mexico City, Krakow (Poland) and Raleigh (USA) - enabling a more consistent and relevant customer experience across barriers of time zone, language and local laws.
Who you are:
- Experience on product lines like CRS-1/CRS-3/CRS-X, GSR 12000, 7600, ASR9K/ASR1K, 7200, Catalyst 6500/4500/3850 . Engineer must be very experienced in using the latest ASR9K line cards and must have internal product and/or Architecture knowledge.
- Nexus 7K/5K/2K product lines will be an added advantage.
- Experience Implementing /Supporting Layer 2 implementation of Metro-Ethernet services on a hybrid network comprising of Cisco ASR9K/7609's, Juniper M/T/MX- Series will be key.
- Experience with implementation of VPLS (Metro Ethernet) and VPRN services, QoS on above Cisco / Juniper platforms will be desirable.
- Deep Hands-on experience in Installation, Configuration and troubleshooting and/or Network Solution crafting of Cisco Routers and switches. Typical Work includes but not limited to- customer audits, config translations & features; Automated/Scripted discovery audit & data validation of connected/end devices; Optional Lab testing / validation services for service/feature interop.
- Engineers having at least 2000+ hours of migration windows and migration projects involving ASR9K and MPLS. On-site or Remote migration support ; High-level methodologies, MOP generation & As-Built documentation; Phased approach starting with 8-10 chassis – controlled, validated & careful migration is essential ; Fully audit & own configuration translations services & ensure service readiness for migrations.
- A good communications skill & a proven ability to relate to customer representatives at various levels.
- Must have good technical writing skills and have experience in writing high test and implementation / Migration plans.
- Good interpersonal and partnership skills.
- Essential Skills on Design/Integration/Implementation with hands-on experience on Cisco routers and switches will be required.
- Experience Implementing /Supporting Layer 2, Layer 3 implementations will be key.
- Deep working knowledge and experience BGP, OSPF, ISIS, IP/MPLS, QoS, MPLS Traffic Engineering, IPv6 and Multicast.
- Must have hands-on experience of 8+ yrs on Cisco(CSCO).
- Skills and experience in working independently, determining methods and procedures.
- Prefer at least 5-7 years of relevant experience with undergrad degree in Engineering and/or IT areas
- CCNP R&S/SP desired, CCIE (SP) Preferred.
- Publications and documentation Job would entail documentation of certain technical activities. Examples of any published or built documents would be useful.
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are hiring teams that are fast-growing our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Encourage crafting unprecedented disruption. Your groundbreaking ideas will change everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as an extraordinary Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.