Location:Offsite, Arizona, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Cisco’s industry-leading Customer Success organization provides business outcomes that increase the value of IT relevance to our customers and partners, and establishes Cisco as the number one IT Company. We do so through earning customer, partner, and employee loyalty by instituting an agile model that profitably builds, sells, and delivers services across all consumption models. The next-generation intuitive network requires an infrastructure that scales with the business needs and performs near peak ability and availability at all times. At Cisco, we provide the expertise and services support to help customers evaluate their network health, protect Business-critical investments, and prepare the network for future demands.
We can offer you the opportunity to make a difference and grow your career by working with great people, the latest technology, and top clients. With our team of over 12,000 employees, situated in 92 countries all across the globe, you’ll be part of a growing global network where the career opportunities are endless.
What You'll Do
Role & Responsibilities
- Take lead role in working with Cisco clients, Account Teams, Customer Transformation teams and other Cisco resources to position and ultimately deliver the requisite Business Critical services in the deployment and operationalization of Cisco products, solutions and architectures.
- Have the ability to present / articulate to customers and partners the value of Cisco Consulting Services
- Identify opportunities with Account Teams and clients to expand services and delivery within their organization(s)
- Deliver Cisco’s Business Critical Services across the Enterprise and Data Center Networking architectures by working closely with the customer on issues and opportunities in their network. This involves analysis of network data against Cisco Best Practices and guidance to optimize network availability and stability
- Perform problem analysis and acts as technical Subject Matter Expert for the complex network deployments and provides highest-level crisis management
- Participate, contribute and share in the development and improvement of service offerings and delivery collateral
- Train and mentor other engineers
- Comply with and support company policies, processes, and utilizes relevant tools, to effectively execute the role, and support AS strategies and goals
- Provide consultative, proactive and/or reactive support to customers to solve their complex and critical data center network issues.
- Act as Tech Lead / SME for the Data Center infrastructure
- Provide customers with solutions support in the area of DCN architecture, design, implementation, and operation support.
Who You'll Work With
The new Architecture Delivery Excellence Team (ADE) has a great opportunity for a Consulting Services Engineer (CSE). This team is responsible for critical customer facing roles requiring a unique ability to influence innovation by recognizing gaps in customer capabilities and translating them into business requirements and an execution strategy. Being part of this team will provide you with incredible access to bleeding edge technology, state of the art tools and automation and a direct line to the Business Unit and Development Engineers in order to provide great services to our customers. To be able to keep our team and elite consultants as the best network and datacenter professionals in the industry, we have established strong focus on continuous development; you should expect the best in technical and consulting skills training.
Customer Success (CX) Centers, located globally focusing on Routing & Switching, Data Center and other Cisco Advanced Services architectural solutions and technologies to help customers Plan, Build, deploy and migrate networks while improving profitability for Customer Success (CX) delivery teams. CX Center’s highly technical global resources support customer engagements in all theaters acting as a seamless delivery partner to CX Platform and theater teams.
Who You Are
- Master of Science and/ or Bachelor of Science in a technology and business discipline
- Active Cisco Certified Internet Expert (CCIE) (written and lab)
- 6-8 years relevant experience in network engineering.
- Knowledge/experience of SDA/ACI/SD-WAN technologies and associated consulting with Enterprise customers is preferred
- Expert level internetworking troubleshooting in a large-scale network environment.
- 5+ years of customer facing service experience
- Experience and knowledge of Enterprise networking environments
- Must have good Network design skills, with strong current knowledge of networking fundamentals
- Advanced knowledge and experience with the following areas: Cisco Routing & Switching Platforms, Datacenter Platforms, IP Routing, Internetworking, MPLS, LAN Switching
- Familiarity with software and features, examples include: MPLS (L2/L3 VPN) and MPLS-TE, BGP, ISIS, OSPF, inter-as, BNG, carrier Ethernet, Qos, Ipv6
- Excellent Customer Relationship Management (CRM) skills
- In-depth knowledge of network management, network availability & capacity planning• Assist customers in planning, designing, and implementing with Cisco products across the network
- Demonstrate expert level knowledge of Cisco’s Data Center Product Line: Nexus Products (N9K, N7K, N6K, N5k, N2k, N1kV), including all available modules and line cards citing key differences between them.
- 5+ years of professional hands-on Nexus experience, preferably with Nexus design, architecture and administration.
- Strong understanding of DCN concepts including ACT, OTV, Fabric Path, LISP, VPC, VDC, VRF’s.
- Ability to clearly articulate DCN concepts and strategies around software migrations, 0 downtime upgrades, failure scenarios in multi-chassis environments, etc.
- Broad technical knowledge of the data center and its components: Applications, Storage, Network, Server and projects surrounding their planning, design, implementation, operation, and optimization.
- Understanding and conceptual knowledge of ACI is a big plus.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Perl, Python, or Bash. Python experience is also a plus.
- Hands-on and troubleshooting on any of the below third party products would be highly preferred:
- Alcatel Lucent
· Scripting knowledge on Python, Pearl and other programming languages used for network orchestration and configuration management would be highly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, ability to communicate technology strategy and architecture approach to engineers, executives, and Cisco customers
- Strong consulting & client-facing skills to include cross-functional influence, external and internal consulting/partnering
- Candidate must possess strong technical account management skills. Minimum 5 year of experience in Professional/Consulting Services or high-level support
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us!
**This position will support the Mid-West Atlantic region and will require some travel and onsite work with customers.**